• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tell police you have a gun in the car?

I've been stopped several times and never had an issue when they found out I had a gun either on me or in the car. And neither have any of my friends.

I'm not saying these stories don't happen but I have to wonder what yall are doing that causes yall these problems.

Every time. When I get pulled over I lower my windows, turn on inside lights (at night), place the vehicle in park, place both my hands where they can be seen (either out the window or on the steering wheel and wait for them to come up before I move.
I do the same.. i aint getting shot by a rookie.

I work at a firing range with multiple law enforcement coworkers. All say "no, unless they ask". Especially if it's a rookie, telling them usually just makes the situation more tense

I believe he means the dash cam on the cop car. But actually, that would be worth a FOIA to me.

No I keep DVR027's in my wife's car and my Dodge and two DVR027's in my Flatbed. Unless I pull the video the DVR just records over it. I do not draw attention to my self by posting that stuff to youtube. Its not the purpose of the Dashcams. The purpose is to keep cops and other motorist honest. Even If I had the video, I would not post it.

No I keep DVR027's in my wife's car and my Dodge and two DVR027's in my Flatbed. Unless I pull the video the DVR just records over it. I do not draw attention to my self by posting that stuff to youtube. Its not the purpose of the Dashcams. The purpose is to keep cops and other motorist honest. Even If I had the video, I would not post it.

Wow, where do you live that you'd actually need them? Or better yet what do you do that you need them? Them being dash cams.

Last edited:
I work at a firing range with multiple law enforcement coworkers. All say "no, unless they ask". Especially if it's a rookie, telling them usually just makes the situation more tense

Y'know I would have argued this until recently. I asked my Gunsmith who is also a LEO, he said If the firearm is not out in the vehicle in plain site and they don't ask, don't mention it. So I don't know?

Wow, where do you live that you'd actually need them? Or better yet what do you do that you need them? Them being dash cams.

Everyone needs a dash cam. Now that they are getting close to $100

I drive a lot for work. And it seems almost every day some idiot tries to hit me

Sooner or later you're gonna have an accident that's the other drivers fault but after everyone skids to a stop and pulls over. It looks like your fault

Back
Top Bottom