• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tell police you have a gun in the car?

Wow, where do you live that you'd actually need them? Or better yet what do you do that you need them? Them being dash cams.

they are becoming more and more popular

they arent expensive and it is one of the better "safety" features you can have in your car

it also reduces your insurance rates and keeps everything recorded

a super good idea and i am going to get one soon myself

they are becoming more and more popular

they arent expensive and it is one of the better "safety" features you can have in your car

it also reduces your insurance rates and keeps everything recorded

a super good idea and i am going to get one soon myself

A true dvr027 is down to $69 on eBay. It's the most popular one and just works. Make sure you get a good sd card tho. I had the cheap ones and they last about a month before they go bad. Bought a 64 gb sandisk and it has been going for 6 months without a issue. The constant writing a deleting takes a toll on the memory chip. They don't look much bigger than a radar detector or a compass. Some look like gps units and record your speed and road your on but they are flashy and I can see someone breaking into your car just for the flashy gizzmo in the windshield.

A true dvr027 is down to $69 on eBay. It's the most popular one and just works. Make sure you get a good sd card tho. I had the cheap ones and they last about a month before they go bad. Bought a 64 gb sandisk and it has been going for 6 months without a issue. The constant writing a deleting takes a toll on the memory chip. They don't look much bigger than a radar detector or a compass. Some look like gps units and record your speed and road your on but they are flashy and I can see someone breaking into your car just for the flashy gizzmo in the windshield.
thanks for the info! how hard is it to install and keep up anyway?

If you'll just lay a doughnut on the dash you won't be hassled.
Not to bad. Here's mine in the dodge. image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 48
good idea,never thought of that....but i do show it when banks,post offices or other places ask for second id,you get a funny look for sure.

Went to gun free Australia last year and used my CCP when asked for ID. Started many a conversation...most of which ended with "We are screwed here. Don't let that happen to America".

If stopped, I show driver's and concealed carry licenses to the officer. Usually thanked by officer...and never have been hassled because of it.

How messed up is it that we're all conditioned to basically brace for arrest if we get pulled over for running a stop sign or speeding?

I mean, it's standard "put both hands on the wheel," etc. Because we're all perps about to gun down the heroic tax collec--er, public servant/hero?

Back
Top Bottom