• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you think.....

I recently bought a pair of "Booyah" polarized fishing glasses at wally world ...

I stretched, twisted and handled them kinda rough and they never popped or creeked ..

I put them on and they fit and looked great and the clarity was much better than the $5 ones I was wearing ..

For $15 I went ahead an got them. If they can handle my abuse for 6 to 8 months or more I will be satisfied :0)

Me too. I got tired of losing and people stealing my Ray Bans, so I went and got a pair of $20 polarized fishing glasses from West Marine. They lasted about 10 years before they broke. I immediately bought another $20 pair from Wal-Mart and have had them for two years. They work great. I still have a pair of my favorite model Ray Bans, but only take them out of the dresser drawer when I want to look "fancified" at an event or gathering (weddings, funerals, and what not).

Answer is no. But I don't lose sunglasses for some reason so I opt to pay for nice ones. If you are one that loses them as lot, just go with the el cheapos. Something is better than nothing in most cases. Look at Sierra Trading Post, you can often get some pretty decent glasses their in the $30 +/- range.

I have had the same pair of Oakleys for the last 6 years and never had a issue with them.

i.ebayimg.com_00_s_MjQ2WDUwMA___z_lgoAAMXQyY1TVmKr___3.JPG_3986c41e52f7c567deb4e8817fe3580e.jpg

I am no expert but I think the expensive sunglasses are going to have much better quality lenses than the cheapos. With better glass, I would assume the polarization would be a bit better than cheapos, but probably not a huge difference.

I wear the cheapos myself :) "Cocoons" over prescription glasses works good for me, but they are huge!

My wife has been using Costa Del Mar for 5 or 6 years now, takes care of them, has the strap on the back to keep them from falling off (and prevents losing them as many have mentioned).

The image through the Costas is noticeably better than my cheapo Cacoons.

Last edited:
I have had the same pair of Oakleys for the last 6 years and never had a issue with them.

i.ebayimg.com_00_s_MjQ2WDUwMA___z_lgoAAMXQyY1TVmKr___3.JPG_3986c41e52f7c567deb4e8817fe3580e.jpg

I've got the Oakley Flak jacket XLJ (LE/Military issue, matte black with no "oakley" on the nose) with the polarized blue lenses. They will not fall off my head no matter what I'm doing. Wet, dry, running, chopping a tree down, driving a boat, doesn't matter. They don't move. The polalizing is in the lenses not just a coating so it's never coming off. You can't beat Oakley for performance eye wear.

Back
Top Bottom