• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone here wet shave?

Gah! After reading this thread, I want to get the stuff and try it! What is a good starter kit to try for cheap?

Go to badgerandblade.com, go to the "shaving mall" subforum and there are usually some starter kits for pretty cheap.

Or, you could go to ebay and buy a gillette tech, then go to westcoastshaving.com and buy a cheap omega boar brush and some of the razorock cream.

Also, check out mantic59 on youtube for some excellent tutorials.

I wet shave as well. I have a few straight razors that are in my rotation. I am a member at SRP. I have shaved traditionally since 08. The electric tears my face up and the disposables are not much better. The 3 and 4 blade razors are nice, but at $5-$6 a refill I think I'll save my money. They cost like 30 bucks for a 6 pack of those things. I also have PFB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudofolliculitis_barbae) and it tears me up when I shave. Shaving with a straight razor is the least irritating way for me to shave.

Last edited:
I'd never had a shave, I'd like to go to a babber that does that, which barber does it around Newnan/Turin ?

I use a VDH boar brush as well. I've got a ton of different soap pucks and cremes. Mostly been using the Arko cream. Love the bay rum stuff too. I have two razors, a gillette tech and a gillette super speed. both are DE safety razors.

I know there are a ton more soaps on the market and a lot of folks don't like the VDH, but it works for me. I tried Williams and that stuff is terrible. Goes on dry and gets drier as you shave. Not a fan of the straight razor skipping all over my face. Maybe one day I'll buy some of the upper end soaps and try them.......one day....

Back
Top Bottom