• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does your bug out set up include?

Maybe go camping for a few days and make a list of what you used and would have liked to have had. If I were fortunate enough to be home when there was some sort of disaster or emergency, I'm probably staying home. Mormons seem to have put a lot of thought in preparedness. For example:

72_Hr_Bug_Out_Bag.jpg

Actually as far as insect repellent this might sound ridiculously stupid but the best insect repellent I've ever seen is Skin So Soft from Avon. You put that on and not one mosquito will touch you including a host of other insects and parasites. I got that from article that listed home remedies in lieu of dangerous and hazardous chemicals for insect repellent. And believe me it works like a charm. I used that on my children when they were growing up in that they never had a mosquito bite or any other bite for that matter.

That stuff works very well for some people & not good for others: there’s something to do with each person’s chemical makeup.

Or maybe those it don’t work on are just candy#ss%s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For the infographic that ya'll posted, Georgia Bystander, I would recommend either silver, .999 copper, gold or platinum rounds instead of cotton-based Federal Reserve Notes.

I say this because, by the time that the economy gets so bad that suburbanites need to exfiltrate from their mc-mansions, the cotton-bills won't have much public perception as currency. Instead, it'll be like Zimbabwe notes.

For the infographic that ya'll posted, Georgia Bystander, I would recommend either silver, .999 copper, gold or platinum rounds instead of cotton-based Federal Reserve Notes.

I say this because, by the time that the economy gets so bad that suburbanites need to exfiltrate from their mc-mansions, the cotton-bills won't have much public perception as currency. Instead, it'll be like Zimbabwe notes.
I wonder if precious metals will work for day-to-day life. Maybe for long-term wealth protection, but I see ammo, coffee, tobacco and whiskey being better for barter.

Back on point - I've got enough tools/gear in my truck to begin with to do most (field-expedient) truck or mechanical/gun repairs, or to build a reasonable shelter. There's also a BOB under the seat that I could grab if I have to abandon the vehicle, along with an empty ruck to take whatever seems appropriate of the general tools and gear. Watch the TV series Alone and see what those folks do to survive (in conditions a lot harsher than a Georgia winter!) with limited tools/gear.

Having said that, heading into the woods isn't high on my list of places to go. If you think the woods will sustain a lot of wildlife - check out a book called Black Autumn. The author notes that a lot of other people have the same idea and the game will quickly disappear. And again - watch Alone to see how well they "survive" on scavenging.

Back
Top Bottom