• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does your wife carry a revolver or semi?

Does you wife carry a revolver or semi?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
9mm with Critical defense.
The reasons change with her mood but mostly she thinks it looks bad ass, and she wants a new purse to carry it in.

Last edited:
My wife carries a Sig P238 with a pink Cook's IWB holster, and she's a surprisingly good shot!

Her first choice was a Bodyguard .380, but she quickly soured over the LONG trigger pull.

She doesn't care for a lot of recoil, so .380 was kinda it as far as calibers go, and it sorta ruled out a revolver.

She insisted on something with a manual safety. We went round and round about that, but at the end of the day, I wanted her to be comfortable with her carry choice.

I was concerned about the 238 being hammer fired, safety, just a lot of hoops to jump thru as far as the battery of arms goes, but we practice a lot, and she does well.

Last edited:
S&W Model 642 Ladysmith for the last 10 or 12 years...Before that, a Model 60 LS...Reason is, She is MORE COMFORTABLE with the "Roundgun's" Manual-of-arms and TRUSTS them more from a RELIABILITY standpoint...That's HARD to ARGUE WITH, actually! LOL!... :) ....mikey357

This is EXACTLY the same boat im in.hell I eaven bought her a pink 38 it now lives under the mattress on her side of the bed.
My wife is making all kinds of excuses to not carry her pistol. It's to heavy, it's too big, I don't want to have it on my hip, I don't want to live it in the car or carry it in my purse...

I'm not forcing anything on her by any means but I do worry about her going to her car at work and to the gas station that is next to her work without having gun to defend herself. Right now I have a G26 that is all hers to carry. She is ok with the idea of having it around her in the house but when it comes to leaving the house with it its like pulling teeth.

She also approached me with a scenario about her coming home and someone was in the house and how hard it would be to get into the safe to get the G26. In which I replied with a simple, "HAVE A ****ING GUN ON YOU!" What can I say, she's a blonde...

Anyway, I'm beating my head over here because I need her to understand that the threat is real out side the house and she needs to have something to protect herself with. I don't want her to experience something horrible and THEN want to carry a gun on her.

Also, she has fired a wide variety of pistols. Glocks, M&P's, XD's, Kahr's, just to name a few. She is also recoil sensitive so I usually keep it in the .380 to 9mm range but when they start getting super small we all know what the means in terms of recoil.

I would even be OK with purse carry just as long as she would carry the ****er every day.

I feel your pain sinac84. My wife doesn't have a GWL and she won't even have a pistol in her vehicle. She's "afraid the kids might get to it". Good grief. :rolleyes: My sons are thoroughly schooled in firearms safety. I honestly think to her it's just more effort than she wants to put forth. It's a shame really.

What sucks is she actually has a GWL. She just doesn't think to carry it or even have the drive to. I worry because she is a cute 'lil blonde female that works in the Winters Chapel area and she needs to be carrying. I think I'm gonna get her a Remora sticky holster for the G26 so that she has more options which different clothing.

Neither!!! My wife is one of those "glass half full" types who can't see the darker side of life. After 43 years of marriage, she has learned to live with my thoughts that the glass is neither half full nor half empty....it's just a problem of logistics!! The glass is too damn big!! I deal in reality. There ARE rotten people in this world that would do you harm if you allow them to!! I am not inclined to allow that! :nono::nono:

The bottom line, however, is that my wife doesn't need a gun!! If you piss her off, she'll just plain nag you to death. She's that MEAN!! :mad2: :rant: :scared: :fear: :hail:

My wife is a Realtor and sorry to say she HAS to carry, even tho she enjoys having the security of knowing that if someone confronts her will wish they had not! She started carrying a Ruger LCP and liked it until I got her a Kahr P380. She says it looks more intimidating and feels great in her hand, less recoil and is EZ to whear in her waist band or jacket pocket. She tells all of her friends that she carries and encourages them do learn how to handle a gun and for them to carry too. I never have to ask her to to the the range with me, she tells me we are going at least once a week.

Back
Top Bottom