• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

*don't chase him down after he breaks in**

Completely agree, legally. What I'm saying is if someone takes pot shots INTO my home from outside, I'm more inclined to use extraordinaire force to kill him. He doesn't get to shoot at me from outside my home then when I engage face away and proclaim "No fair, safe zone!" Same thing as if he is INSIDE my home. If I perceive someone as a threat and feel my life is in danger, I'm going to try and kill that person. There is no 'magic line or posture' of safety from a PRACTICAL standpoint but yes I agree, the law is NOT on my side in that situation and as presented in the OP, the homeowner is charged correctly per the law.

I'm not a lawyer but I think the law is on your side in the situation you just described. If they're shooting at you they are a threat, even while "running to cover" if you catch my drift

Completely agree, legally. What I'm saying is if someone takes pot shots INTO my home from outside, I'm more inclined to use extraordinaire force to kill him. He doesn't get to shoot at me from outside my home then when I engage face away and proclaim "No fair, safe zone!" Same thing as if he is INSIDE my home. If I perceive someone as a threat and feel my life is in danger, I'm going to try and stop the threat by any means necessary. There is no 'magic line or posture' of safety from a PRACTICAL standpoint but yes I agree, the law is NOT on my side in that situation and as presented in the OP, the homeowner is charged correctly per the law.

FTFY

Completely agree, legally. What I'm saying is if someone takes pot shots INTO my home from outside, I'm more inclined to use extraordinaire force to kill him. He doesn't get to shoot at me from outside my home then when I engage face away and proclaim "No fair, safe zone!" Same thing as if he is INSIDE my home. If I perceive someone as a threat and feel my life is in danger, I'm going to try and kill that person. There is no 'magic line or posture' of safety from a PRACTICAL standpoint but yes I agree, the law is NOT on my side in that situation and as presented in the OP, the homeowner is charged correctly per the law.

I agree 100%!

Back
Top Bottom