• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

drew my sidearm, lesson learned

I get the point of warning shots. A lot of people are against them, but sometimes that's the only way to get someone back to "reality" without having to shoot them.

That being said, I got a citation for discharging w/in city limits in a ****ty city in ****ty Barrow Co. I took a shot at a Coyote that was acting odd and aggressively toward myself and a friend that was with me. Called my attorney. The ADA's didn't want to let it go, but my attorney was "like **** off" and it got dropped.

I did't read all the post, but this is what I'm thinking on this situation.

You heard this going on outside, so you decided to take the law in in own hands and confront someone with a loaded gun. Not the guy could have just as easy shot you and been in the right. However if you shot him you would have most likely been charged with 2nd degree murder instead of getting a ticket for firing a weapon within city limits.

How many times have I seen a situation like this become a nightmare for someone trying to do a good thing.

It reminds me of a night in Florida that I heard a similar situation going on outside of my house. I do the same thing, I grab my 44 and head out to see whats going on. About the time I get outside my fenced yard, I see 4 people fighting. 2 guys holding another guy down on the hood of a car. The girl has a chain link fence post with the concrete base attached up in the air and about to crush this guys head in with it.

I didn't fire my weapon, but I did hollow everyone freeze Police. It stop the guy from getting his head crushed in which that was the propose was to stop the fight..

Within the next week, someone drove by and shot the back window out of a new F-150 I just purchased.

I hope everything works out also, but I would be on alert based on what I'm hearing.

Good luck with the ticket. Next time call the police and protect your family first.

Seems to me you would have been well within your right to shoot this individual dead for your own protection since he was charging at you, and would have certainly assaulted you if he reached you. What did your attorney have to say about that? "Should have just shot him dead instead?"

I did't read all the post, but this is what I'm thinking on this situation.

You heard this going on outside, so you decided to take the law in in own hands and confront someone with a loaded gun. Not the guy could have just as easy shot you and been in the right. However if you shot him you would have most likely been charged with 2nd degree murder instead of getting a ticket for firing a weapon within city limits.

How many times have I seen a situation like this become a nightmare for someone trying to do a good thing.

It reminds me of a night in Florida that I heard a similar situation going on outside of my house. I do the same thing, I grab my 44 and head out to see whats going on. About the time I get outside my fenced yard, I see 4 people fighting. 2 guys holding another guy down on the hood of a car. The girl has a chain link fence post with the concrete base attached up in the air and about to crush this guys head in with it.

I didn't fire my weapon, but I did hollow everyone freeze Police. It stop the guy from getting his head crushed in which that was the propose was to stop the fight..

Within the next week, someone drove by and shot the back window out of a new F-150 I just purchased.

I hope everything works out also, but I would be on alert based on what I'm hearing.

Good luck with the ticket. Next time call the police and protect your family first.

I'm not dogging you but, the last line in your response it the part that is messing up our country. We (not necessarily me) are afraid to do what's right for fear of being sued or charged with some BS charge. We have to right and actually we are supposed to protect others if it's within our power provided we can do so without endangering our families.

Back
Top Bottom