• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

drew my sidearm, lesson learned

I'm amazed at the number of men on here who think that a man has to basically be killing the woman before you do something to stop it. Simply amazed. Makes me a little sad honestly.

Look how the supposed victim said NOTHING happened, this is VERY common. No one is happy about this, just a sad reality that its abetter chance to get in more trouble (ASK THE OP) then its worth over a scuffle.

After a couple more beers I have decided that, I would have charged him like a bull without giving him notice, gave him the stone cold stunner , jumped on top of the SUV , poured a couple of Natty Ice's in my mouth,and then leg drop the girl from the top of the SUV.
[Broken External Image]:

You should have ran outside and fired your double barrel shotgun in the air two times. That would have shown him.

Seriously, glad it didn't turn out worse. Everybody on here can call me a dick all they want to, nobody is as important to me as my kids, wife, and me.

If you had shot the guy the woman probably would have been against you, then it's your word against hers and his if he would have lived.

Somebody doing harm to a child? Yeah I'll step in for that. Druggy couple beating on each other? Let them do their thing.

I'm amazed at the number of men on here who think that a man has to basically be killing the woman before you do something to stop it. Simply amazed. Makes me a little sad honestly.

Do something=Call the police

Unless that SOB is pulling that nonsense with one of my family members, why would I risk my well-being, livelihood, or my children's expectation of growing up with a father who is not in jail or dead. My #1 obligation in this life is to my family, and I hope that my children will follow that same logic through their lives if they hope to live long and prosper. This is a different world with different rules. Everything we do or say is put under a microscope and if a gun is involved... X10. Has nothing to do with bravado, but everything to do with using your wits and good judgment. But, go ahead and play cowboy if that's your thing. You may be able to log into the ODT at the state pen and keep in touch.

2013-07-05-22-58-39--1503557290.jpeg
After a couple more beers I have decided that, I would have charged him like a bull without giving him notice, gave him the stone cold stunner , jumped on top of the SUV , poured a couple of Natty Ice's in my mouth,and then leg drop the girl from the top of the SUV.

I have pulled a man off a woman he was choking, only to have her jump on my back and attempt to choke me out while I was attempting to get him handcuffed. After responding to a couple hundred domestic violence calls over the years, off duty I will absolutely NOT involve myself in anybody's drama short of seriously bodily injury/death. It is almost a absolute certainty that the damsel you save will tell the police that showed up to pull you off her boyfriend that you started the whole thing.

Warning shots are a horrible idea and I mean horrible.

While living in town many years ago, I came home for lunch to see a "man" swinging a broomstick at his woman, probably his bottom bitch. He motioned a threat at me and that was enough. I will tell you this guy should have played for The Falcons because he cleared an 8' fence at full stride when he was introduced to Mr 1911.

I cleared leather to protect myself and prevent a forceable felony. My firearm is not a prop, nor a threat, it is there to take life in order to preserve life, namely mine.

Capt. Dave's advice: Do not discuss ongoing legal matters on an open forum. You have been accused of a crime involving a firearm. Hire an attorney and shut up.

I have pulled a man off a woman he was choking, only to have her jump on my back and attempt to choke me out while I was attempting to get him handcuffed. After responding to a couple hundred domestic violence calls over the years, off duty I will absolutely NOT involve myself in anybody's drama short of seriously bodily injury/death. It is almost a absolute certainty that the damsel you save will tell the police that showed up to pull you off her boyfriend that you started the whole thing.

image.jpg

Reactions: TAG
Back
Top Bottom