• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me on drones.....

We got my son a Parrot Bebop 2 for Chirstmas with the VR headset and optional remote control. It is amazing. He has flown it about a mile from the house and taken some really cool video. It was $500 for the set. It has a return to home feature and a follow me feature as well as many others. It does not have obstacle avoidance. He is going to get a DJI Mavic as soon as it is available and we will pass the Parrot to his bother. They are truly amazing.

The Mavic Pro is on pre-order with some shipments being received.
My buddy ordered one in mid Nov and received his on this past Sat.

I would suggest a Phantom 1 for starters. You can get around the proprietary battery pack and fly with 2200 mah, 11.1 volt lipo batteries.

The Mavic Pro is on pre-order with some shipments being received.
My buddy ordered one in mid Nov and received his on this past Sat.

I would suggest a Phantom 1 for starters. You can get around the proprietary battery pack and fly with 2200 mah, 11.1 volt lipo batteries.
You're speaking Greek to me on the batteries sir.... Lol so what's the difference in the Phantom 1 and 3? Sorry Im only able to get on here on during break so I can't really do a lot of digging in 10 minutes.

Reading about the 3 pro and the 4 I'm leaning more towards the 4 but I notice everyone is using an iPad for the screen but I'm about as anti iPos everything so will it pair with Android devices? I read several saying it's lags for some reason with the tab2. And and if anyone has a 4 how close will it let you get to walls before it stops you? I can't find a definitive answer. Thanks,

Reading about the 3 pro and the 4 I'm leaning more towards the 4 but I notice everyone is using an iPad for the screen but I'm about as anti iPos everything so will it pair with Android devices? I read several saying it's lags for some reason with the tab2. And and if anyone has a 4 how close will it let you get to walls before it stops you? I can't find a definitive answer. Thanks,

Look up the avoidance tests for the p4 on you tube, plenty of guys willing to crash em.

I use my s7 on my controller with no problems at all....I don't have any apple products in my house either. It'll even charge your phone while it's hooked up.

You're speaking Greek to me on the batteries sir.... Lol so what's the difference in the Phantom 1 and 3? Sorry Im only able to get on here on during break so I can't really do a lot of digging in 10 minutes.

The Phantom 1 was the first model with the basics (altitude lock, return to home, GPS, ...)
It has less flight time and on board tech than the 3.
The Phantom 1 is a nice starter for less invested and no proprietary battery.

I have a phantom 3 standard. It does everything I would want it to do. I've flown it over a mile out over the ocean with no problems. I've flown it behind the boat with no issues. The only issue I have with it is trees and buildings really limit the distance and the battery life. I crashed it once (user error) and only had to replace the $2 propellor.

One day we even caught some kids jumping off the railroad track bridge on Lake Alatoona.
Make sure to open the videos in YouTube and change them to 1080 resolution.

Back
Top Bottom