• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ever seen someone kicked off a range?

I was shooting at Wilson Shoals one day before the WMA's started supplying target stands. I had my target at 75 yards and 2 bozos in the adjacent lane had theirs at about 25 yards. They shot down the legs on my PVC stand before I could pull off the first shot. Not even an "I'm sorry" was given from those pricks. They left immediately afterwards. I let it be known loudly that I was grateful to not be out hunting with them. First rule before pulling the trigger: know your target and what's behind it.

Guy got kicked out of a range I was at... He had just bought a flat top AR... Didn't even put sights on it and kept hitting the ceiling.... They asked him to leave... Funny thing was he had brought his girlfriend that he was trying to impress.

Yup,

two aholes shot the target trolly off the track, wires trolley, everything hit the floor. They were Laughing about it.

Grabbed my stuff and headed away from them and towards a wall with my shooting partner.
RO yelled at them and kicked their sorry asses out

Years ago at the DeKalb Firing Range (outdoor 25 yard) a guy sets up on my left and fires a 45 round striking the top of my wooden green table. Splinters everywhere. I told him to put down the pistol and own up to what he had done. He pretended nothing happened until the ranger inspected the table and angle of bullet strike. He left with tail tucked between his legs and I've never been comfortable on a range since (compared to shooting on my own on grandparents farm...ah those days were so much fun...grandmother always said "don't shoot my cows" on our way out of the house). No cows shot!!

I was shooting at Wilson Shoals one day before the WMA's started supplying target stands. I had my target at 75 yards and 2 bozos in the adjacent lane had theirs at about 25 yards. They shot down the legs on my PVC stand before I could pull off the first shot. Not even an "I'm sorry" was given from those pricks. They left immediately afterwards. I let it be known loudly that I was grateful to not be out hunting with them. First rule before pulling the trigger: know your target and what's behind it.

Yep, that place is usually fine...but not on the day I was there with two friends and a Mexican gang with more AR's than I have seen in my life on a range. Thankfully, I have never seen them again.

why not do both at the same time? unless you just like reloading.

Because I don't load at the range. I prep test loads beforehand. In load development you need several rounds of several different loads. I need to find out what the max safe powder charge for each load is before loading a bunch up. If you get to the range with a hundred or so over pressured rounds to test it makes for a very short day (could be as short as one round fired) and then you get to go home and start pulling bullets and dumping charges from all that ammo that you loaded too hot.

I'd rather take a dozen rounds consisting of three or four different experimental loads to a nearby indoor range to make sure I know what the max powder charges are.

Back
Top Bottom