• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fairness to Ted Nugent? Off the wall question- non political.

Cause he stands for freedom an them there stations are owned by commies !

Probably so. He's a staunch supporter on many conservative topics, and just like Hollywood shuns conservative actors, so does the music industry. I've saw uncle Ted quite a few time's back in the day and he puts on one heck of a show!:violin:

Back when 96 Rock was on they played Ted a good bit. Saturday night and you could bet you'd hear Stranglehold.

The subject of Ted always brings up his lack of service to the country. If you do any real research you'll find out that the stories are all stretched. He was an objector to the war and when he was about to be drafted he pulled some stunts at the entry station (MEPS). They declared him unfit for duty. What's ironic is that the Leftist are the first to call him a traitor and coward. Yet, he was doing what they all claim to believe in "Anti war, anti draft". Except Ted didn't just trash his draft card and hide. He went to them and protested face to face at the entry station. According to him, He took a crap in the urine specimen cup and handed back to them.

Then you have the Right wing crowd that calls him a coward. But in the same breath they'll call John Wayne (Marion Morrison) a hero. Even though Wayne dodged service in a time of true need to literally defend our homeland. His movies were more important.

Of course there are always two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle lies the truth. All I ask is that you do a good bit of research before labeling someone a coward or a hero.

Well one or two Nugent tunes get air time. But just like with every other " Classic Rock" band from that era FM radio just can't seem to get beyond wearing those same tunes out. So it's always gonna be Stranglehold and Cat Scratch... FM radio won't venture beyond the hits an play the good stuff like Baby Please Don't Go, Snake Skin Cowboys or Great White Buffalo.

Back when 96 Rock was on they played Ted a good bit. Saturday night and you could bet you'd hear Stranglehold.

The subject of Ted always brings up his lack of service to the country. If you do any real research you'll find out that the stories are all stretched. He was an objector to the war and when he was about to be drafted he pulled some stunts at the entry station (MEPS). They declared him unfit for duty. What's ironic is that the Leftist are the first to call him a traitor and coward. Yet, he was doing what they all claim to believe in "Anti war, anti draft". Except Ted didn't just trash his draft card and hide. He went to them and protested face to face at the entry station. According to him, He took a crap in the urine specimen cup and handed back to them.

Then you have the Right wing crowd that calls him a coward. But in the same breath they'll call John Wayne (Marion Morrison) a hero. Even though Wayne dodged service in a time of true need to literally defend our homeland. His movies were more important.

Of course there are always two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle lies the truth. All I ask is that you do a good bit of research before labeling someone a coward or a hero.
I'm working at a T shirt print shop now and we're seriously considering printing up some 96 Rock shirts. I mean if the station no longer exists I don't THINK we would have much legal problems with reproducing their shirts/logos.

I've done research and I think he's a coward, a statutory rapist, and a poacher. On the first charge, I never had to walk in those shoes so there is that. I don't particularly care for his music either but none of that probably answers the OPs question.
Go to Netflix and goigleClint Eastwoid and see how many if his movies come up. The answers to the OPs question and that very well are the same. But we may have to move the thread....

Back in the 70's, Detroit was like the "Nashville" (for want of a better word) of the Rock music industry.
Radio stations had what was called "Album Oriented Rock" (AOR) programming.
I didn't hear of Nugent until someone at school (6th grade?) told me about him.
Nugent's guitar playing is awesome in and of itself and I've owned all of his albums at one point or another throughout the years but he's been a B List guy for the most part. He got lots of airplay then, one of the more popular DJ's opened his show on Friday afternoon with "Weekend Warriors" every week.
But he didn't get as much airplay as most artists did. When he did get airplay it wasn't just the same old songs every time. The AOR format would play his hits and some of the B-sides too.
Somewhere in my stack of stuff I have tickets to see him opening for Judas Priest in Heidelberg, West Germany. I couldn't go because that weekend Reagan deployed the GLCMs to Europe and I had to pull security duty. :)

Back
Top Bottom