• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback means nothing

BanjoJohn

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
114   0
Reaction score
I had a member with over 100 + FB, that's located 100+ miles away, contact me about a firearm.

He wanted to know how far I would travel to meet him. I told him that I would ship it to him.

He only deals with cash and doesn't trust the Post Office. SMH. I really don't know how some people function in society.

In the mean time I was meeting another member Sunday, in Conyers to get a 4 wheeler.
(Shipping a 4 wheeler, really isn't feasible)

The member wanting the firearm sends me a PM saying he would be in Conyers Sunday.

I sent him a PM telling him the time and address where I would be in Conyers Sunday.
Then there were crickets.
I checked back several hours later and told him that I would bring the firearm with me and he could send me a text if he wanted it.
Still crickets.
Just another one on the Ignore list. I'd hate to make the same mistake twice.
His activity is blocked and I haven't seen any activity. I guess he could have died.:wacko:

:pop2::becky::doh::fish2::grouphug::shocked::thumb::victorious:

If your going to back out of a deal at least have the BALLS to let the other party know something,:doh:

After all his "cash only and not trusting the post office" Then I tell him I'll be within a few miles of him and he ghosts.

It's ok to be a crawfishing coward, just don't hurt no feelings, or be rude to others.

After all his "cash only and not trusting the post office" Then I tell him I'll be within a few miles of him and he ghosts.

It's ok to be a crawfishing coward, just don't hurt no feelings, or be rude to others.

Wow. You must really be taking this personally and your feelings hurt. Calling him or her a "Crawfishing coward" is pretty bold.

I'm a little confused though. You said you sent a text saying you were bringing the firearm and "if" he wanted it to text you. Seems like you gave him an option in my opinion. If he didn't text you then he no longer wanted it.

Guilty of a lack of common courtesy maybe on their part but not exactly backing out of a deal. It would seem you really didn't have a solid deal yet. Just saying.

One more thought. I pesonally don't send funds in the mail, electronically etc.. and count on the other seller to ship until I have done atleast one ftf deal or it's something really cheap. To many scams going on these days. The ironic thing is the only some what legitimate source to determine whether you would ship would be your feedback in which you are claiming means nothing.

I would like to ask you an honest question. I have over 400 positive feedback. Would you send me money not knowing me and take my word I would ship? If so, was it my feedback that helped make the decision or are you just the gambling type? Feedback isn't everything but it does mean something.

Seriously not trying to bust you out OP. I just see a bunch of guys get so bent on here. There are a million flavors, opinions and view points. I've seen my fair share trust me.

Brush it off and have a great holiday OP!

Wow. You must really be taking this personally and your feelings hurt. Calling him or her a "Crawfishing coward" is pretty bold.

I'm a little confused though. You said you sent a text saying you were bringing the firearm and "if" he wanted it to text you. Seems like you gave him an option in my opinion. If he didn't text you then he no longer wanted it.

Guilty of a lack of common courtesy maybe on their part but not exactly backing out of a deal. It would seem you really didn't have a solid deal yet. Just saying.

Well, you are on the outside looking in.

I'm not going through the entire scenario and get accused of calling someone out without ever mentioning their name. I've been down that road before.

Why don't you start at the beginning, instead of the middle with your confusion?

So you were good to go with the scenario, until the point where I sent him a PM, (not a text), which was several hours after he ghosted, just before I left for the meet.
I gave him an option to meet me in Conyers, after he informed me that he would be in Conyers.

I didn't say he back out of a deal. I said he ghosted.

I didn't call anyone a crawfishing coward. You ever thought about being a moderator?

Reading/comprehension.
If you have a question, you should ask it instead of coming up with your own scenario.

One more thought. I pesonally don't send funds in the mail, electronically etc.. and count on the other seller to ship until I have done atleast one ftf deal or it's something really cheap. To many scams going on these days. The ironic thing is the only some what legitimate source to determine whether you would ship would be your feedback in which you are claiming means nothing.

I would like to ask you an honest question. I have over 400 positive feedback. Would you send me money not knowing me and take my word I would ship? If so, was it my feedback that helped make the decision or are you just the gambling type? Feedback isn't everything but it does mean something.

Seriously not trying to bust you out OP. I just see a bunch of guys get so bent on here. There are a million flavors, opinions and view points. I've seen my fair share trust me.

Brush it off and have a great holiday OP!

Sure. I'd ship you a firearm to your home address and expect you to send me the payment.
I've had better dealing with people with 0 or low FB than those with a lot. They seem to do a better job of communicating.

Would you really want to commit mail fraud involving a firearm and write a bad check? Two felonies and deposit account fraud, just to get started?

I've shipped and received from about half of the deals I've done.
Who in their right mind would give someone there home address, then screw them over?

It ain't like we don't have PMs to back it up. Just sayin.

Oh, I ain't mad, and been over it since I put him on Ignore with the rest. lol

Kinda like the fellow with 6 FB wanting to wait until my 90+FB $20.00 check cleared before he would ship. lol
I told him to keep it and ordered one off of Amazon for $10.00.

I never realized just how many broke paranoid people there were, until I started dealing with folks on the internet. lol

Anybody remember or hear your folks talk about a TV show years and years ago called Payton Place, where everybody was getting in everyone else's business? Just sayin...

Back
Top Bottom