• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Felons with Guns. Advice...

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
I have a tough one here...
One of the “kids” has a felony conviction for marijuana that is over 10 years old. She pleaded not guilty and was convicted and now she wants to buy a pistol for protection. It looks like this an impossible task.
The reason she plead “not guilty” was because she wasn’t, and it appears that if she would have plead “guilty” the process would be a tad easier.
Can someone give give me some direction here? She is a good gal with no other convictions...
Yes, the system is flawed...:pop2:

One of the “kids” has a felony conviction for marijuana that is over 10 years old. She pleaded not guilty and was convicted and now she wants to buy a pistol for protection.
It looks like this an impossible task.
The reason she plead “not guilty” was because she wasn’t, and it appears that if she would have plead “guilty” the process would be a tad easier.
Can someone give give me advice to pass on direction here? She can't afford legal representation.
She is a good gal with no other convictions...
Yes, the system is flawed...

Explore the possibility of a Governor's pardon... you can get info on the process from the State Board of Pardon and Parole

http://pap.georgia.gov/pardons-restoration-rights
I have explored this a little. The process is nuts. Even to include the "pardon" on the same link as sex offenders says something about the system. I really want to be able to offer a clear path for this gal, she has been embarrassed by a unbalanced system long enough. I would like to be able to see her hold her head high, and her pistol by her side... Amen.

If she has felony on her record then she cannot possess a firearm much less buy one. Only if she got the conviction expunged and had her rights restored could she be eligible. There is no wiggle room on this as far as I know.

One of the “kids” has a felony conviction for marijuana that is over 10 years old. She pleaded not guilty and was convicted and now she wants to buy a pistol for protection. It looks like this an impossible task.
Can someone give give me some direction here? She is a good gal with no other convictions...
Yes, the system is flawed...:pop2:
She needs to consult a criminal attorney.

Back
Top Bottom