• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Felons with Guns. Advice...

Hire an attorney to try to get it expunged from her record.

It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a felon to legally purchase a firearm. Duderonomee: 4:10

I had a friend with 14 drug felonies recently get his rights restored. He plead guilty to first offenders and stayed legal for the following 5 years so everything was dropped.

Yes, the system is flawed...:pop2:

How is the system flawed? She was convicted by a jury of her peers. Once convicted the law prevents her from owning a gun, thereby protecting society. The system even provides a process for her to get that right back, they make it as easy as possible by putting the process on a public website.

Am I missing something here? Are you saying that convicted felons should immediately be able to have guns? Maybe child molesters should be allowed to live next door to a playground.

How is the system flawed? She was convicted by a jury of her peers. Once convicted the law prevents her from owning a gun, thereby protecting society. The system even provides a process for her to get that right back, they make it as easy as possible by putting the process on a public website.

Am I missing something here? Are you saying that convicted felons should immediately be able to have guns? Maybe child molesters should be allowed to live next door to a playground.

Yes,
you are seriously missing something... Let me reiterate...

The "Felon" was convicted for an offense not committed, one. Secondly the serious point was obviously missed, and as one who doesn't not obviously understand the "once convicted by a jury" as apposed to just plead guilty and making the so called "provided process" much easier to obtain than being tried by a "jury".... Third, there was no jury so you must not understand the process making everything you said null and void.

Ans rather than waste my time trying to explain the difference between a 20 year old girl with pot in her jointly shared home and a grown man groping children I suggest reading an entire post and realizing that your judgement was not required, your assistance on the matter was.

Thanks for reminding me about liberal thought process... Horseshoes and Hand grenades...

No, we're not talking about freedom. We're talking about a felon REQUESTING to have rights restored that those of us who ARE NOT felons take for granted.
why is it tough?
get HER to go to the Local Sheriff office/ DA Office, explain the situation and see if she has a felony on her record.
if so then she will need to get it over turned or forgiven by the Court system.
She will need to do it as its personal info.
You have kids?

If she got first time offenders and is complete with all her probation and parole she can apply to have her rights reinstated.

Also I can say as a LEO I do agree to an extent that the criminal justice system is broken. Especially when you see repeat offenders who's first charge ever was a misdemeanor drug charge and theu habitually violate or someone who gets caught up in a bad situation and become a convicted felon.

Sorry but a little pot in a joint is what they call a misdemeanor, over an ounce is quite a bit and a felony. Also You said she she plead not guilty cause she was not. But then you say in the post above that she did have some pot. Yes I am confused. Sorry. But you are correct I do not understand the criminal justice process in GA. Nor do I have any idea how the pardon process and restoration of rights process works either...

Also thanks for your personal attack on my character by calling me a liberal. That tells me a lot about your character.

Sorry but a little pot in a joint is what they call a misdemeanor, over an ounce is quite a bit and a felony. Also You said she she plead not guilty cause she was not. But then you say in the post above that she did have some pot. Yes I am confused. Sorry. But you are correct I do not understand the criminal justice process in GA. Nor do I have any idea how the pardon process and restoration of rights process works either...

Also thanks for your personal attack on my character by calling me a liberal. That tells me a lot about your character.
I don't know the full story but if it's just a small plant growing the arresting agency will almost always charge a felony amount and intent to distribute.

Well I guess you missed something. If you want a transcript I am sure you can just "get it easily on line". My "attack" was based on your commenting on something you have no concept of and if you were offended I apologize. I can only say if you knew HER you may realize your assistance would be suited better to being helpful than condemning... Yes a ounce of pot that is not yours is a lot to think about when it is in a jointly shared home, but it is not as bad as a child molester next to a school...

Back
Top Bottom