• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally had my AD

Dog alarm goes off and wakes you from a deep sleep maybe even after you had a few or had a little jazz cabbage….. Confusion/Panic/Adrenaline set in as you fumble trying to get your gun out of the holster while trying to shake the cobwebs…
I feel like you just inadvertently made a better argument for keeping it holstered. If you're panicked and confused in the middle of the night and frantically reaching for the loaded gun on your night stand you're probably just as likely to shoot yourself as you are the potential intruder or raccoon digging through the trash.

I mean, that's an even better argument for having that extra safety net. If you're not cognitive enough to draw a handgun from a holster you're probably not cognitive enough to safely handle that pistol.

I feel like you just inadvertently made a better argument for keeping it holstered. If you're panicked and confused in the middle of the night and frantically reaching for the loaded gun on your night stand you're probably just as likely to shoot yourself as you are the potential intruder or raccoon digging through the trash.

I mean, that's an even better argument for having that extra safety net. If you're not cognitive enough to draw a handgun from a holster you're probably not cognitive enough to safely handle that pistol.

Left off where I do keep mine holstered but that’s cool. Just trying to show a different view point for everyone to think about for that bedside gun holstered or not but since you just want to troll have at it

Left off where I do keep mine holstered but that’s cool. Just trying to show a different view point for everyone to think about for that bedside gun holstered or not but since you just want to troll have at it
Wasn't my intention to troll at all. Felt like I was just thinking out loud same as you.

I had my first (and only so far) ND last year. I was about to go meet a friend at the range and decided I wanted to shoot my carry gun and was going to clear it before putting it in my range bag with everything else. Somehow after dropping the mag, my mind went from clearing it to cleaning it and I proceeded to disassemble it.

One of the things I've long loathed about the disassembly process for most striker fired handguns finally got me. I forgot about the round in the chamber, pushed the tabs on the side down, and pulled the trigger.

Fortunately I was standing at the back seat of my truck with the door open and all I shot was the inside of the door frame. Some of the muzzle blast, I'm assuming, did get the edge of my left hand, took a few layers of skin off about a dime size area and embedded a few flakes of unburnt powder.

Here's the pic of the hole in my truck. Bullet didn't make it far. 9mm HP.

Attachments

• PXL_20230804_234354989.jpg
    PXL_20230804_234354989.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom