• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally had my AD

Glad you're ok and so is the bear as he waits patiently for the next round...

wxcZfzL.gif
That's my Boy . Oh , nevermind , having a 15 y/o & 1 bathroom really SUX!

That slide rack is gonna be awful loud in a quiet house.
Think I’d rather have surprise on my side, with my condition 1 1911.
I think you missed the part about the two 100 lb German Shepherds going bat shyte crazy on an intruder...you can hear these two in the next county anytime someone knocks on the door...

Sooooo unless the intruder is a ninja/stealth operator taking them out with suppressed weapons, I'm not all that worried about racking a slide.

While this has morphed into a holstered vs unholstered gun on the nightstand debate, I’ll take this opportunity to point out there are alternatives to holsters that are fast, safe, quiet and stealthy…(caution: not effective versus bears in the backyard, only “bumps in the night” inside your house)
IMG_6863.jpeg
IMG_6864.jpeg

Thank God it wasn't 9mm! .45acp would have just bounced off.

Thanks for posting your mistake for all to see. Can't be easy to subject yourself to odt judgement, so props to you! Hopefully others will also learn and postpone their ND until after they're already dead and buried!

I just don't worry about waking up in the middle of the night with some attacker right on top of me. Dogs ain't gonna allow for that. There's plenty of time to grab my holstered pistol, my edc, the same exact gun I carry every day and am most familiar with, and go check it out.

Unholstered cocked and locked night stand guns are an accidental waiting to happen. The odds of me setting one off while looking for my phone or something in the middle of the night are infinitely higher than the odds I'll need that gun two seconds sooner than the time it takes to unholster it.

Plus the 12GA with light attached is my go too in the middle of the night anyways.

Dog alarm goes off and wakes you from a deep sleep maybe even after you had a few or had a little jazz cabbage….. Confusion/Panic/Adrenaline set in as you fumble trying to get your gun out of the holster while trying to shake the cobwebs…

I completely get your point and having young kids I also don’t have a locked and loaded gun laying around unholstered but I wanted to add a different thought.

Would make for a fun sim to have all your guns setup to shoot sim rounds and then have a staged break in while you’re asleep. Still have the advantage of knowing it’s going to happen but not knowing what time that night

Back
Top Bottom