• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally Solved After 50+ years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired Army

Army Icon
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
On January 13, 1972, my 1st cousin, Debbie Lynn Randall was abducted while returning from the laundromat across the street from their apartment in Marietta, Ga. 16 days later, they found her body near Powers Ferry and Windy Hill Rd. She had been raped and strangled. I think it was a group of Ga Tech students who were part of the search who found her body. Some of you may remember this, heck some of you may have helped in the search. Our family was devastated. Her and my sister were only 2 years apart and looked like twins.

Through the help of well preserved DNA, the investigators were able to get a partial match from one of the genealogy websites. They narrowed it down exhumed the body and made a 100% match to a William Rose. No connection to her family and wasn’t even on the radar during the investigation Wrong place, wrong time. He was 24 at the time and committed suicide only 2 years later. Big kudos to the investigators for never giving up and preserving the evidence.

My Uncle Bud passed in 2022 and my Aunt Juanita in 2017. They didn’t get to see the resolution but their son and Debbie’s brother Melvin was able to be a part of it. Unlike what many say, there is no closure. Thankful to Marietta PD for never forgetting her.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.png
    IMG_0510.png
    394.3 KB · Views: 14
Yep, glad there was some resolution.

Aaaand sooo, Big Brother is allowed access to everyone's dna? through the genealogy data bases?
Or was there a warrant for this specific case, to look at that specific guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom