• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finding Money

I had an angel over my shoulder. Two times in my life i found money...once for $400 and another for $280. This was in the 80's so that was like alot of money to me. I was about 18 or 19...poor a$$ broke. Cant catch a break kinda down on the luck. I needed money in a bad way.

1st time...I went to my ATM to see how much ive overdrawn on my checking account. I CANT put my atm card in. it WONT take. i pressed all the buttons, and the screen said...how much i want to withdrawl? I knew the limit was $400, i typed in $400...and it spat out $400

2nd time...I didnt have money for gas. I had $3 on me. that was probably good for 3 gallons. I was so down on myself, I said...lord, i just need a few bucks to hold me over. I looked down, $20 bills were blowing by me. I picked it up...$280

3rd time...i was on a date several years later, i was a little better off...i told these stories to a girl on a date. She said that's unbelievable. I said it was as simple as..."snap fingers" i needed money. I looked down on the ground, right in front of her where i pointed was $5.

I cant explain it. The LORD works in mysterious ways

I had an angel over my shoulder. Two times in my life i found money...once for $400 and another for $280. This was in the 80's so that was like alot of money to me. I was about 18 or 19...poor a$$ broke. Cant catch a break kinda down on the luck. I needed money in a bad way.

1st time...I went to my ATM to see how much ive overdrawn on my checking account. I CANT put my atm card in. it WONT take. i pressed all the buttons, and the screen said...how much i want to withdrawl? I knew the limit was $400, i typed in $400...and it spat out $400

2nd time...I didnt have money for gas. I had $3 on me. that was probably good for 3 gallons. I was so down on myself, I said...lord, i just need a few bucks to hold me over. I looked down, $20 bills were blowing by me. I picked it up...$280

3rd time...i was on a date several years later, i was a little better off...i told these stories to a girl on a date. She said that's unbelievable. I said it was as simple as..."snap fingers" i needed money. I looked down on the ground, right in front of her where i pointed was $5.

I cant explain it. The LORD works in mysterious ways
You don’t mind if I start following you around do you lol

Several years ago I was going in a music store in Athens. When I stepped out of my car there was about a 1/2 oz of some really good green bud laying in the parking lot. I don’t smoke anymore but have a few friends that still do. Scooped it up and gave it to my buddy that was the best man at my wedding. I was heading back to home to Kennesaw later in the day and he drove from Cumming to meet me on Peachtree Industrial to pick it up. :hat:

best I've ever found was an unopened pack of Camel, a box of Rosewood Matches, an unopened Coca Cola in a can and a $20 bill. I was gutting a church in Dalton that was built in the 50's. Best guess is the guy put his stuff on a brace between studs and the sheetrock crew covered the walls. It was perfectly preserved in there for almost 70 years.....then I came along.

A thread the other day got me to thinking. I one time found 120.00 at a gas pump. I went in to store and told cashier that I found some money and left my number and told her if anyone could tell me the right amount I would return it to them if they came looking. No one ever called. What’s the most you’ve found ( No I aint the IRS) and yes I pick up pennies heads or tells. Also found a twenty one time in Wally World
A teenager found $5K in a brown paper bag on the floor at a store Lenox Sq. He heard my radio & asked me if I worked there & handed to me. Noone claimed it in 3 months so his 1st quarter in college was paid for with a probable drug deal gone bad.
Dropped my wallet in a store that had $800 in it. Ran around the store & saw a retired fulton co. sheriff walking towards me smiling. He would not let me buy his wife's $100 dollars of clothes for their grandchildren.

A teenager found a brown paper bag on the floor at a store Lenox Sq. He heard my radio & asked me if I worked there & handed to me. Noone claimed it in 3 months so his 1st quarter in college was paid for with a probable drug deal gone wrong.
I'm just amazed that he ever made it out of Lenox Square alive with the bag, or anything else he had of value...

I once found 80.00 alongside a road in Columbus, years later at PCB found 200 in a bank envelope with nothing else at a restaurant. Funniest one, LGS had a early 1970's colt lightweight commander. Met with the shop owner and we began talking all things pew....filled out the paperwork and wrote the check for the gun, he handed me the receipt as we continued chatting. Took my new Pew home and promptly put it in the safe. A week or so later went to write another check, and there still attached to the check book was the one for the LGS, called the guy and told him I was swinging by. He had no idea...

Back
Top Bottom