• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms that you don't shoot?

Jahoosafat

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
121   0
Reaction score
I own several firearms that have gone unfired for years for one reason or another. On the other hand I have several that go to the range with me every time. My question is, which ones don't get fired and why. I will start, 1976 Browning T-bolt. Want to just haven't. Smith & Wesson Model 29-5 Classic. Just never got around to it, shoot a lot more .38 and .357. Colt Gold Cup trophy. Just shoot my Commander. Have a Glock 17 that just sits, don't know why.i mess around with my .22s a lot more than anything else. Just enjoy them more( although ammo is scarce, so it limits my fun). Someone told me once, if you don't shoot em now, after you are gone, somebody else will. Good advise, just a few I haven't got around to you. Anybody else?

Colt Combat Python 3 inch. Because my last offer from a collector was 6000.00. It does get fondled on occassion.

Man, I've gotten really lazy in my old age. I bought guns to shoot surplus Russian ammo because it was so cheap. Now I'm so lazy I don't shoot 'em 'cause I have to clean 'em the same day...

I did just get a nickel Smith that I haven't shot yet. But that's going to change soon.

Seriously though, I never shoot my Mauser red nine broomhandle. Mainly because its just a pain in the arse to shoot. Them older guns are just not designed with the ease of loading and firing like modern firearms. It is a old gun and deserves its rest.

Just don't have the heart to shoot these two. They've both fulfilled their quota of game and have made lots of memories.

My dads mid-late 70's model Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge 3" magnum 30" VR barrel - he killed a many a deer with it at long range
My dads late 60's model Remington 16 gauge "quail special" (as he called it) with 28" barrel - a truck bed wouldn't hold the dove and quail that felt it's rath

I have a Nambu type 94 Pistol that I don't shoot anymore I have had it for 30+ years, when I first got it I shot it a few times then lost interest in shooting it (just had it to long to let it go).
But other than that I try to shoot everything I have at least once a Year (but usually takes 2 years to get them all).
But a few go to the range with me every time I go :)

Thompson Center Contender super 16" in 45/70 with no brake. It's one of the first ones they offered and it will make your wrist hurt, and your elbow, and your head if 'ya ain't careful! Got one in .35 Rem as well, and that son of a gun is pretty stout, but don't come close to that 45/70!

Back
Top Bottom