• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms that you don't shoot?

I have one I shot twice with my Dad 1989 and it has been unfired since. He still has a scar to prove it. Mine healed rather well.

I'm working on new grips for it but I'm in no hurry as I might be tempted to shoot it again. Doubtful, but one can never tell as truth has a date and time group.

(I think they misspelled Wacko, Texas?)

i40.tinypic.com_r0b71s.jpg

Mother of god. Wow! Never thought I'd see a 44 mag derringer. You could not pay me to shoot that monster.

I have one I shot twice with my Dad 1989 and it has been unfired since. He still has a scar to prove it. Mine healed rather well.
I'm working on new grips for it but I'm in no hurry as I might be tempted to shoot it again. Doubtful, but one can never tell as truth has a date and time group.
(I think they misspelled Wacko, Texas?)

Good grief...that looks painful

My dad's 1903 Springfield. It's set up for NM competition (Lyman Peep Sight) and I haven't even taken it to the range in the last 15 years. Perhaps it's time she had a few rounds run through her...

a few of my .25s and my .32 davis derringer

my winchester 30-30 hasnt been shot in about 5 years

same with my remington single shot .22lr and my .50 cal enlathe black powder rifle

hmmmmm everything i try and fire every so often

What's the point? It's like owning a race car but never driving it. If it doesn't get shot or serve a purpose it gets traded for something that will.

I have some I will not shoot and some that frankly, just haven't got around to shooting. The M58, .41 mag, nickel from 1973, was new in the box when I got it and will stay that way, the M19-3 Pinto, 2.5" also was new in the box when I got it and will stay that way. There are a couple of others, but those are the main two.

sinac84, your question "What is the point?" is a fair question. The answer is to each his or her own. There is no absolute correct way, just your or my opinion of what to do with our guns.
Oh, and I prefer not to look at it as "owning a race car and not driving it". I prefer to look at it as owning the Mona Lisa and deciding not to "touch up the paint".

Back
Top Bottom