First reloads

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey folks,

If I am using established load data for a given round, do I still need to test it before I throw the can on?

Going to reload my first rounds tonight.

Thanks!
Caleb

Yup, hope you reloaded towards the bottom of the load chart to start. Safer that way.

When trying a new load, I will load at the bottom of the chart as well as some with higher amounts to test after the lower charged ones.
Good Luck

Yup, hope you reloaded towards the bottom of the load chart to start. Safer that way.

When trying a new load, I will load at the bottom of the chart as well as some with higher amounts to test after the lower charged ones.
Good Luck

Thanks! Kinda nervous but finally got all my components together and my can just came in so it's time to start.

I also just started, but with rifle rounds. It's amazing how nervous I was before shooting the stuff I loaded, and how good it felt not having my M1a blew up in my hands.

I also just started, but with rifle rounds. It's amazing how nervous I was before shooting the stuff I loaded, and how good it felt not having my M1a blew up in my hands.

Aint it though. My first round of reloads i was shaking like a cat in room full of rocking chairs. Now its just another round. And since im just under doing a compressed load with my 308, no chance of a double charge.

Aint it though. My first round of reloads i was shaking like a cat in room full of rocking chairs. Now its just another round. And since im just under doing a compressed load with my 308, no chance of a double charge.

I'm pretty confident now. I don't load for pistol, so no chance of a powder screw up. Both powders I have are good for 308 & 223, and the lowest load mostly fill the case. As long as I seat my primers right, I don't think I'll ever have a problem.

We wish you well.

Problems come from time to time, anyone who tells you they never have a problem ain't loading.

Been loading over 40+ years and we still have some bumps in the road. Rifle, and pistol loading.

Good enjoy your new found passion.

lol, Yea we know the feeling....

I've been loading for the rifles and pistols for years, but I loaded shotshells for the first time ever a couple months ago.
I asked that somebody in the store come out while I shot the first few, just in case I couldn't call 911 for myself.
So when I say we know the feeling, we really do!

Back
Top Bottom