First reloads

Through a g19. Shot a few, too dark today to shoot anymore. Lee primer feed tray makes me want drive my press to the factory and chuck it through the ******* window. On the plus side, MUCH quieter than factory stuff I have run across.

3.4 grains VV N320
147gr berrys plated rn 9mm
1.13 oal
CCI small primers

Extremely impressed so far . Shot it back to back with some Winchester 147gr "train" ammo and it was night and day.

Don't buy a lee pro 1000 unless you want to spend 5+ hours rebuilding it properly.

Through a g19. Shot a few, too dark today to shoot anymore. Lee primer feed tray makes me want drive my press to the factory and chuck it through the ******* window. On the plus side, MUCH quieter than factory stuff I have run across.

3.4 grains VV N320
1.13 oal
CCI small primers

Extremely impressed so far . Shot it back to back with some Winchester 147gr "train" ammo and it was night and day.

Don't buy a lee pro 1000 unless you want to spend 5+ hours rebuilding it properly.

Patience, grasshopper. They can be finicky, but now that I have the kinks worked out and have learned how to operate it nice ans smoothly, I have zero trouble from mine.

I also just started, but with rifle rounds. It's amazing how nervous I was before shooting the stuff I loaded, and how good it felt not having my M1a blew up in my hands.

I know the felling, I just loaded my first load barely a month ago. Before I went out back, I kissed my wife and said wait for the boom and look outside to see if I am still alive. Lol once you get past the first one, it eases up.

Last edited:

3.4 grains VV N320
1.13 oal
CCI small primers

Every damn machine I buy regardless of who it's made by seems to need tuning right out of the box.
But once you get it right it stays right.
i kind of hate the learning curve on a new machine, but getting it tuned really does allow me to learn how the machine works and why it was designed that way.

So as Cobalt said - patience, once you get it right they usually stay that way.

I was a little nervous as well.

You guys all seem careful and cautious. That's a good thing.

I have known people who reloaded like it was some kind of race. I know people who drink while reloading. I don't recommend that.

I also don't shoot anyone else's reloads. Not anymore. I want to know where that round has been. And what kind of attention has been paid to it. I have seen some pretty obvious mistakes (such as the 223 rounds which were so long they wouldn't even fit in an AR mag-which were supposed to have been from a very detail-oriented engineer.)

Back
Top Bottom