• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Truck Engines

I can't believe you just said Five Star was the best to deal with so far. I hate them sumbitches and Jeff Smith with a passion. I worked at Butler Ford in 06 and it wasn't bad for a new car lot but I'm sure it's all different people now. But seriously Five Star is like a crime family in middle GA. And Jeff Smith came up through their operation.
Have you considered looking at Way Brothers in Hawkinsville or the one right off I75 in Unadilla? And what happened to Riverside Ford?

I can't believe you just said Five Star was the best to deal with so far. I hate them sum*****es and Jeff Smith with a passion. I worked at Butler Ford in 06 and it wasn't bad for a new car lot but I'm sure it's all different people now. But seriously Five Star is like a crime family in middle GA. And Jeff Smith came up through their operation.
Have you considered looking at Way Brothers in Hawkinsville or the one right off I75 in Unadilla? And what happened to Riverside Ford?

I sent inquiries through Truecar with specific instructions to communicate with me through email by sending me the window sticker and a OTD quote. Five Star was the only dealership out of a bunch that followed direction. They also have a lifetime power train warranty to the original owner. Warner Robins is a long drive from Monroe but thinking it may be worth the drive.

NOW, Butler Ford on the other hand lost a two new unit sale when the floor manager, who needs a DAM floor manager, and the sales mangers showed their asses. We never got to the point of discussing price. If they had just not been such jerks they had a sure two unit sale.

FWIW, I personally would not purchase a truck with a 6 cylinder unless it was a mid-sized or mini-truck. If a truck is used for for what it is deigned for (work/hauling) then ,I go by the old rule - there is no replacement for displacement...

My 94 f150 with the 6cylinder is one trip to the dump from hitting 300k. Been a great truck, I wish I had bought two of them.

My 94 f150 with the 6cylinder is one trip to the dump from hitting 300k. Been a great truck, I wish I had bought two of them.
My 1999 has 248000 and is a V8. I am very happy with it which is why I am having great difficulty changing to a V6 or the new desiel. Like everyone I am looking for better fuel efficiency without sacrificing power or towing.

I owned an 81 F150 with in line 6 and granny low. That thing would climb a pine tree like a Sumit Viper but drank like a sailor. I wish I had it back even with it's drinking problem.

I am leaning to an F150 King Ranch FX4 with the V8 gas motor.

Got a 2011 4x4 with 200,000 and still going strong!
Good deal...........drive that baby.

I am loozing forward to having the FX4 as my daily driver!!!! Like I said my current truck IA 20 years old so I want to be sure that when I buy it is what I want to keep.

I have a 2016 F150 with the eco boost. I tow my camper, lumber, fire wood, etc... 23miles to the gallon. Ton of power. Chro e package. I'm at 55,000 miles, oil changes and new tires only

Back
Top Bottom