• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Franklin Arms short barreled firearm with rifle buttstock but no ATF paperwork?

It is a POS, but thats not ttheue point. It goes to show how silly the atf is. Look at how they want to change definitions of words so they can make bumpfires illegal. Is the 2a vs the errant ATF.

Or people investing time and money trying to show how clever they are trying to circumvent the rules, rather than working to change them.

Or people investing time and money trying to show how clever they are trying to circumvent the rules, rather than working to change them.
I dont agree. Non circumventing anything, just found a way to work with the rules as they are written. People are trying to change ruled but its supper unlikely those rules will change.

Or just buy a bullpup to get actual rifle handling and decent accuracy.
Its a concept like the brace was at one time. Look how far those have advanced. Perhaps this will grow if we get a realistic price level. Its only a barrel anyways.

I dont agree. Non circumventing anything, just found a way to work with the rules as they are written. People are trying to change ruled but its supper unlikely those rules will change.

You're implying they've developed an improvement in existing weapons ?

Look at their advertising, the only claim they trumpet is you don't need a stamp.

How is the price of this Franklin Armory thing going to be compared to a regular AR with whatever upgrades you want, including SBR?

1-- Buy a regular AR for $500.
2-- SBR it for $200
3-- Don't forget passport photos, background check, and the cost of having the lower engraved as an SBR that you manufactured: $100
4-- Binary trigger: $400

So, that's $1200, and it's totally legal without question in most jurisdictions and isn't likely to be the subject of a reversal of approval by ATF (or by Congress closing the loopholes) in the future. And this $1200 gun would have a fully rifled barrel and would be legal with any upper you want to stick on it, regardless of length.

You're implying they've developed an improvement in existing weapons ?

Look at their advertising, the only claim they trumpet is you don't need a stamp.
I didnt imply anything. They are currently correct it doesnt need the stamp per atf if they have the letter. Im glad they made it. I am not a buyer, nor am I a buyer for bump stocks or braces. Still glad they make those too for people that chose to buy them.

Its not magical, its a crappy barrel. Thats it.

Its a concept like the brace was at one time. Look how far those have advanced. Perhaps this will grow if we get a realistic price level. Its only a barrel anyways.

I'm not a big fan of braces, but at least they achieve something in terms of usability.

Without imparting rotation on the projectile, (or possibly using their 'special' ammunition), the straight rifling system is inherently inaccurate, I really don't see that it achieves anything, apart from possibly ticking off some ATF agents.

How is the price of this Franklin Armory thing going to be compared to a regular AR with whatever upgrades you want, including SBR?

1-- Buy and AR for $500.
2-- SBR it for $200
3-- Don't forget passport photos, background check, and the cost of having the lower engraved as an SBR that you manufactured: $100
4-- Binary trigger: $400

So, that's $1200, and it's totally legal without question in most jurisdictions and isn't likely to be the subject of a reversal of approval by ATF (or by Congress closing the loopholes) in the future.
I agree and have sbrs. However state lines and state legalities become a burden for those of us that bounce between states or dont live in a more free state. Just like fightlite lowers arent for everyone, neither is this product.

Brace yourself......look at this stupid s*** right here

View attachment 1479406
I'll be the first to admit when I am wrong. Earlier, I said that the smooth-ish bore aspect of this rifle was the stupidest thing I'd read today.

Well...that was before I saw this.

Mary, Joseph, and the Shepards! It looks like a brass Nerf football. How does that even work? I bet it keyholes at 15ft.

Wait....wait......

What would happen if you shot some RIP ammo through this thing?

i0.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_facebook_000_719_509_0ad.png

Back
Top Bottom