• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fuel Injectors at 39,500 Miles?!

I'd definitely let the dealer know you've contacted corporate. But as others said be nice to the dealer, as they're the one's working on it. Be firm but polite that you believe this should be covered and not out of your pocket. They should want to help you and keep you as a customer.

Yep I would blow that up with the dealer and corporate. Light a fire under both of their asses.
I guess I should clarify you can light a fire under their asses while still being respectful to the dealership. I don’t mean go on a tirade just firmly and politely let them know where you stand on the issue.

Keep in mind that the customer division of GM is contracted out to Hewlett Packard. The HP boys only care about their butts and paperwork. The dealer is not your friend either. They are there to sell cars, they only do service to try to keep the customer coming back to buy more cars.

But the dealer sells and handles repairs on the product. The dealer is the face of customer service for the company

The dealer serves as the manufacturer's authorized repair station. They are not "obligated" to do anything. They also do not get 100% reimbursement for work done.

The corporate Zone Rep is the face of GM customer service. An owner having problems should contact the zone service rep for the manufacturer.

Keep in mind that the customer division of GM is contracted out to Hewlett Packard. The HP boys only care about their butts and paperwork. The dealer is not your friend either. They are there to sell cars, they only do service to try to keep the customer coming back to buy more cars.

Actually the service department is generally the big money maker for a dealership. Many of them make their nut off of warranty work.

I’ll be the first to say,it’s a Chevy what do you expect? Their quality is definetly not what it used to be,and neither is their customer service.Hanging on to my 06 Yota Tundra, best they ever built

I’ve driven plenty of 90’s Chevys with hundreds of thousands of miles without injector issues,and my current Toyota has 185k with no issues either

I would push back and call Corporate until the issue was resolved to my satisfaction

Is there a check engine light on, does it constantly have an issue or is it intermittent, and what’s the truck doing out of the normal?

I can tell you from working in a dealership, the tech is paid off of a flat rate scale meaning he makes $28 an hour but job hours, for example; if there’s a intake pressure sensor that’s bad and it only pays 1.5 hours to replace it. But 6.5 for injectors then they will replace the sensor and charge you for injector replacement, diagnostics, ECM Recalibration and more than likely a pressure test

Back
Top Bottom