• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fuel Injectors at 39,500 Miles?!

I had an issue with a Ford once. They weren't going to cover something 2k miles out of waranty so I took them my payment book and said keep it. At that time I really didn't care about my credit so I let them keep it for a couple of weeks and they finally took care of it. It was the last Ford I bought. It sucks to have to go to those measures to get something fixed. $1800 to fix 17 model truck is crazy. You are handling it a lot better than I would. Stay on them!!!!

After talking the the service manager we settled on something I am comfortable with. You know what they say, squeaky wheel...
They are going to replace all 8 fuel injectors, and detail the truck for far less than $1,800. At least it will be clean when I go to sell it...

Hey you wanna pay 1000 dollars for something that probably isn’t the issue then by all means be my guest, it’s your money.

But I strongly suggest getting a second opinion from a reputable shop (not a dealership) before dropping any cash on it

If it’s a 1/2 ton Also look into having the computer retuned to eliminate the V-8-6-4 cylinder deactivation thing

that’s Probabaly what’s causing the problem and it will get worse

Lots of people have had the cylinder deactivation thing damage the whole engine

I think driving it in tow haul mode prevents the cylinder deactivation thing

And if you have the 8 speed transmission
You wanna read up on the problems with it too

If it’s a 1/2 ton Also look into having the computer retuned to eliminate the V-8-6-4 cylinder deactivation thing

that’s Probabaly what’s causing the problem and it will get worse

Lots of people have had the cylinder deactivation thing damage the whole engine

I think driving it in tow haul mode prevents the cylinder deactivation thing

And if you have the 8 speed transmission
You wanna read up on the problems with it too
Dealer won't do anything about the v4 v8 deal. I despise it, as soon as I hit 100k shes getting a programmer. I have 100k warranty on it otherwise I'd already have done it.
Black Mountain Industries Black Mountain Industries decided to abandon his Chevy for another Toyoter Taco.

2006 Ford Explorer. 268,000 miles. Never an issue. Original fuel injectors, original spark plugs, I did change the serpentine belt once.
Yeah yeah yeah they don’t make em like they use too, quit kicking the guy while he is down ;)

Our beaters have 2xx,xxx and still going with no problems, but we sure look bad getting there

Yeah yeah yeah they don’t make em like they use too, quit kicking the guy while he is down ;)

Our beaters have 2xx,xxx and still going with no problems, but we sure look bad getting there
I know I wasn't helping, LOL. Plus it's been about 30 years since I wanted to look good doing anything.

Thanks all for the replies. I had a 03 Exploder for a while, it wasn't the easiest vehicle to work on... but kept going at 150,000 miles. If that damn rear emblem plate would stay in one piece I would have been happier.
Gave it to my brother to roll around in when he graduated, and its long gone now.

2006 Ford Explorer. 268,000 miles. Never an issue. Original fuel injectors, original spark plugs, I did change the serpentine belt once.

99 Silverado 4x4 with 5.3. 350,000, only thing I've done is change the fuel pump and starter.
99 Z71.jpg
miles 350,000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom