• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Full auto trouble

LOL,
Innocent people are arrested from time to time, one is too many, but the amount of times it happens is minuscule, compared to the total amount of arrests and police actions in this country each day. It makes news, because it is rare, if it was a daily regular occurrence in the news, people would become used to that news and no one cares anymore.
Thank god this isn't the case. I'm all about staying vigilant and being sure to draw attention to any type of tyranny. But when it's brought up repeatedly when it is not an issue only weakens the point when it is actually happening.

The number of "innocent people" arrested is minuscule. It happens, just like any aberration in any system.

The truth is that there are so many guilty dumbasses out there, the PoPo have to pick and choose who to arrest. They just don't have time, and their last choice is to arrest some righteously indignant citizen who has the time, wherewithal, and means to make life miserable for the LEO.

Live in the a University town, and watch when the Cobb County and Gwinnett county tennis mommies and golfing daddies, all law and order types, show up because Johnny was caught with some weed, or Suzie was puking her guts out in the middle of Clayton St. at 2:30 a.m. All of sudden all these "lock 'em up, and throw away the key' types become Supreme Court scholars on 4th and 5th Amendment issues. Just because the cops have film of Suzie sitting on the curb with no underwear and ralphing in her lap can't reasonably be interpreted as evidence of guilt (true story), and there must have been an illegal search to discover the three fake id's she had.

Seriously, in any town of more than a 1000 people, and especially with the current drug epidemic, the cops have to go out of their way NOT to arrest clearly guilty people.

if I had to choose between a friend or my kids and wife, sorry bro, but I ain't going to prison for your dumbass.

As a friend I'd tell him that he could get in allot of trouble for it, but beyond that it's not my business. It's not my gun either...
The case you mentioned with the friend being arrested sounds like a crock at face value. Then again our justice system isn't always on the up and up.

As far as im concerned Ive no idea if this person does or doesn't have the proper paperwork. Youre the ATF, thats your job. However they know you know now, right?

Wow, I got bit by a zombie thread.

The fact that this is even being discussed goes to show how retarded our gun laws are.
Wow fully auto....whoooo....scary.....call the gun police......it shoots a little faster than a guy can pull the trigger on a semi auto....whoooo how dangerous.......pure evil......spawn of Satan.....call Dianne Feinskank.

I had a similar discussion with a guy. Id like a 3 round burst. Full auto is pointless as a defensive weapon unless youre just spraying cover fire. Most people ive seen shoot full auto wind up shooting everything but the target.

But that wasn't the end, He wanted access to Anti tank missles and even a tank if he could afford it.

True freedom has no limits. True freedom probably doesnt exist. Since even in anarchy you have to follow some set of Mad Max Laws of the Land.

When does want + need meet common sense + law? Do we really need teens trying to prove a point by walking into a police station pulling a nuclear warhead just because its their right to bear arms?

As much as most laws suck, Im glad most people dont do 110 on the highway, bring bazookas to the range or park tanks in handicap zones.

Back
Top Bottom