• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA Carry Permit for my wife (military)

tarteman

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
39   0
Reaction score
Just got married. I have had my GA Carry Permit for about two years. I am active duty here on PCS orders. My wife has been living w/ me in GA for 2.5 years, just recently made her a dependent. My question is, her being a South Carolina resident (drivers license and car is registered there) can she under my active duty orders get a GA Carry Permit? She has GA as her mailing address. Reason I'm asking is we are leaving January 2014, going back to SC and don't want to have to change all of her stuff just for 8 months... Thanks.

The id won't do it and no she can't get a gwl to the best of my knowledge. Your best bet is to get her a Florida one it will cost about $450-500 depending on how you do it but you get more state's she can carry in and a plus is they loom cooler.

If you are moving back to SC it would be a moot point to gain a GWL since SC does not reciprocate.... Just my thoughts.

Ya but 8 months w/o carrying is too long an opportunity for something to happen. When we do move back she could easily just get a SC one... We have already visited for this year twice so no more trips to SC. We live close enough to FL that she works there, sometimes until 9 or 10 at night. Better safe than sorry...

bubblehead no, but close... I'm a Coastie that works along side them. And ya I thought about the FL non resident. I was just looking over the prices and it's not too bad.

I'd go Florida. Has your wife ever taken a Hunter Safety course? If so, iirc Florida will accept that as the training requirement.

It could be advantageous to go ahead and take a SC approved training class that would also be accepted by Florida, so that she is ready to apply for the SC license as soon as you move back to SC. But you could also use that training class to get the Florida non-resident. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Back
Top Bottom