• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ghosting Punishable By ODT Enema

Us anybody else sick and tired of Trader with the lack of respect to say no, or I changed my mind? It has happened to me 3 times this week, come on Traders the ODT is a pretty tight knit community at least have the common respect to say No, Ghosting is pure disrespectful this is not Facebook, grow up and grow a pair.
Ghosting should be another grade on your profile it should be Positive, Negative, Neutral and Ghosted.
haunt the ghost. follow them and when someone says "pm sent or the ghost says ill take it" warn the pther trader thru pm's..

Deal with members with a good trade history. I marked a gun as gone last night based on the buyers word. The deal want go through until next weekend as he is out of town. However, his trade rating and activity on ODT tells me that he is a man of his word.

Seriously, you get mad when you PM someone and don't get a response?

I can understand when you have been talking to someone and they just stop responding, and then getting "upset" but really you get so upset you want to add more regulations to a site some would say is already over regulated as is?

I can tell you I don't always respond to PM's, mostly because I'll get a trade offer that is incomplete or no where near what my listed trades are. There have also been times in my past that I stopped replying for other reasons ( life got in the way, family emergency, etc...) And before you say it only takes 1 min to respond... True but since ppl are already hurt over not getting a response, I loath to think how they would feel if that response wasn't "enough" of an explanation or "polite" enough for them and another b....h Fest happens or worse you make an enemy because of a simple "No".

Sometimes it is easier to not respond and just let it go then to get in a PM convo and getting the other party more upset because their stippled glock isn't worth $600 or their "matching numbers" SKS isn't matching nor worth $500.

My .02$ anyway

Just a post to get it out in the open, I do understand traders with bad or no feed back and I under stand ignoring low ball offers but when a trader with over 200 positives offered you something and you take them up on it and then they disappear not even a FO this happened 3 times this week with 3 different traders, more regulations lol just throwing that in there to get things going, what I think would work best is a special ODT Ghost Pepper Enema that would be a good attention getter lol

Just a post to get it out in the open, I do understand traders with bad or no feed back and I under stand ignoring low ball offers but when a trader with over 200 positives offered you something and you take them up on it and then they disappear not even a FO this happened 3 times this week with 3 different traders, more regulations lol just throwing that in there to get things going.

Damn Man! It is a Beretta 90TWO- SORRY!

Back
Top Bottom