• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Give Away for best excuse when a Buyer Backs out or Ghosts after Agreeing to purchase...

What is the worst excuse you have had from a buyer who backs out after committing to purchase?

• Gots to Check with the wife..

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Spent the money on Tacos..

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Too Far..

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Say it cheaper somewhere else.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Bought one allready

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other (Description Please)!

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
One of the weirdest excuses I have had same day as a I'll take it message is (I am sorry I cannot make it I forgot about my mom's funeral) how do you respond back to that? I said sorry for your loss good luck prayers with you I will hold it for you I never heard anything back from them.

Tell him that's no reason to cancel a meeting. Y'all can sell a gun over back by Oliver and Edna Hossenfeffer's granite monument while the preacher yaps on and on about Mom.

I had one guy who had one for sale and after I drive an hour to get it, he tells me he's in a meeting. I asked how long it would be. He said about an hour. I said I'll wait so I went to grab a bite to kill time. After an hour no call etc. I text and he said he's still in the meeting. I said, I can't wait all day so I left.... When I say I want something you can bet your a$$. I want it!!!

Oh I did PM this guy several times couldn’t get him to respond and finally he did say something about a funeral. I wished him well and good thoughts, however heard back from him (kinda like the story up above, wonder if this is a common excuse now???)

Also I run into this a lot: let’s say you have an item that was new 500 and your asking 500. The item says sale or trade. I have an item I paid 1000 for or show a build sheet. I ask them want to trade up?

First off they all play dumb like they think trade up means trade even(it does not).

Always always the response is “what do you have in mind”

I reply well your asking 500, like I said I value mine at 1000 refer to the build sheet. So 1000-500 is 500. So it would be your item and 500. Rarely get a response so far.

I assume the person knows what trade up is.
I assume the person can do basic math?

What am I missing? If I give you “full trade for your item (what you wanted” ) but they don’t extend it to me. I even sometimes say the math says a 500 difference but feel free to make an offer crickets crickets.

Just very confusing stuff like this over and over. Website is called the trader but it seems most of the time it’s so very specific you never ever going to find that trade. Could just be my bad luck.

Oh I did PM this guy several times couldn’t get him to respond and finally he did say something about a funeral. I wished him well and good thoughts, however heard back from him (kinda like the story up above, wonder if this is a common excuse now???)

Also I run into this a lot: let’s say you have an item that was new 500 and your asking 500. The item says sale or trade. I have an item I paid 1000 for or show a build sheet. I ask them want to trade up?

First off they all play dumb like they think trade up means trade even(it does not).

Always always the response is “what do you have in mind”

I reply well your asking 500, like I said I value mine at 1000 refer to the build sheet. So 1000-500 is 500. So it would be your item and 500. Rarely get a response so far.

I assume the person knows what trade up is.
I assume the person can do basic math?

What am I missing? If I give you “full trade for your item (what you wanted” ) but they don’t extend it to me. I even sometimes say the math says a 500 difference but feel free to make an offer crickets crickets.

Just very confusing stuff like this over and over. Website is called the trader but it seems most of the time it’s so very specific you never ever going to find that trade. Could just be my bad luck.
why are add ons always MSRP?

why are add ons always MSRP?

I don't list on MSRP, in that example I'm saying if your listing at MSRP so will I, to be apples to apples. Or we both can list used prices. I just see a lot of people want to get MRSP for their trade, but only give you "used" prices on yours. both parties should be fair entering into a trade how they compare values. Whichever way people want to do it.

just don't see to be a standard way here on how people want to interact with trades.

Back
Top Bottom