• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Give Away for best excuse when a Buyer Backs out or Ghosts after Agreeing to purchase...

What is the worst excuse you have had from a buyer who backs out after committing to purchase?

• Gots to Check with the wife..

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Spent the money on Tacos..

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Too Far..

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Say it cheaper somewhere else.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Bought one allready

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other (Description Please)!

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Dude was interested and asked for pics and then I sent him pics. He sent me a pm saying he wasn’t interested in dealing with a non registered NFA item. Then proceeded to post ATF regs on my for sale thread. Lol

Called him a ****ing fudd and to GFYS. Of course he PMs me telling me I’m getting out line and unprofessional. I told him to go lick boots and blocked him. 🤣

Dude was interested and asked for pics and then I sent him pics. He sent me a pm saying he wasn’t interested in dealing with a non registered NFA item. Then proceeded to post ATF regs on my for sale thread. Lol

Called him a ****ing fudd and to GFYS. Of course he PMs me telling me I’m getting out line and unprofessional. I told him to go lick boots and blocked him. 🤣
Sounds like the type to wear one of these.

1670264494977.png

What a tool. Can't call 'em out either or you'll get a point from their butt buddies.

What a tool. Can't call 'em out either or you'll get a point from their butt buddies.

For the record I had an AR pistol with a BCM front grip on it. Didn’t realize it was automatically turned into an SBR, Silenced, machine gun, flame thrower.

Never been stood up here, had one guy cancel because he sold it, but atleast he cancelled 30 minutes before our agreed meeting time so I didn't waste gas, but I already took time off work so I left negative feedback.

Other than that I've never really had an issue with any traders here or meetups that I can recall in over 10 years now.

I've had people cancel an agreed upon deal but as long as it's atleast the day before we're supposed to meet I don't mind.

30 minutes before the meet guy texted and said it was raining so he couldn't meet. Set it up for the next couple of days (Because of rain lol ). Then no communication so on the 5th day I messaged him to see what's up and he said his daughter got into a car accident (non life threatening). He actually gave me **** for trying to set up 3rd meet....

Scheduled a meeting for a trade with a tenured long time positive feedback member.30 minutes into the voyage get a call asking my current location.Stutters and stammers about worrying if his truck is gonna even make it to our agreed halfway mark.Notice later his posting is MIA.Just a little while later,has the truck and others listed for sale in the vehicle section and as being “very reliable “.Yeah,you know who you are.Wouldn’t deal with him now if he was giving things away.

Just had another long time established ember go back and forth (sounded very wishy washy, I kept lower the price cause I'm really trying to get rid of stuff, I lose money on every single item I sell its a hobby, not a business' for me).

After asking if we are close a couple of times, the member came back with a family emergency. I know when 1000's of members life happens, and sometimes you do actually have an emergency. But so many people cry wolf how do you tell the ones who are not? They just said they would get back with me after everything was over. Who wants to bet the person never gets back with me??? lol

Another long time member (who evidently I said no too earlier) contact me again to see if I would ship. (I think shipping is a pain). I told him I can, we agreed on price and items. Getting ready to ship, user states he don't use PayPal (I understand, but you need to remind me hey last time you didn't ship this to me cause I don't pay via PayPal). Another 10 messages back and forth over 24 hours to find out no deal. (I'm not dealing with checks in 2022 I'm sorry).

It could been such an easy conversation. Of hey I offer you X dollars shipped for item ABC via money order/cashiers check. My response would been. Sorry I take PayPal. Instead it was drug on for a day or so..........

I'm going to try improve my communication in the future to spend up the PM's. Need to get to a deal or no deal pretty quick. I'm spending way too many PM's 10-30 per deal to often find out one party can't make it happen.

I'm sure I'm not the only one having these troubles.........

Back
Top Bottom