• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GREAT AK47 DEALS

It's not the prices on the actual Russian rifles. It's the cost of the current options that will react. If Ishmash rifles are back on the market Arsenals Bulgarians (which are amazing) immediately reduce value. Zastava rifles (which kick a$$) will have no other choice but to reduce mark up.

The production volume that the Russian factories are still capable of is unimaginable. The simple lifting of sanctions will end American attempts and lower prices immediately.

I cant see Arsenal rifles reacting to more Saigas coming into the market unless they import the models with the front ends properly converted. Zastava rifles are not really that over priced at this time. I can see more options and the new Arsenal rifles helping to drive down prices $50-100 on certain AKs in the near future. There is more demand overall on AKs and imports still set the standard so prices wont drop out the bottom like the over saturated domestic AR market.

Links to any of these bad reviews? Honestly I'd love to read them. The only complaint I've seen is a few issues with the muzzle device plunger that do not affect function. The tests that Rob Ski at AKOU does include much more than shooting 5k rounds, such as rifle pushups, many drops onto concrete, dragging through the river, running over with trucks, mag dumps, etc. Short of blowing the damn thing up with tannerite or explosives, I'm not sure how else they could be abused. Please direct me to some more hardcore test/reviews on AKs.

I will look. A lot of reviews have showed up on Facebook, some in private pages over months and months. But I listen more to reputable builders who know the engineering behind the guns and spend their time in their trade, not maintaining a website or YouTube channel.

I avoid these cheap versions. I've perosonally seen and repaired too many cheap, mass produced AKs which arrived or shot themselves out of headspace and fired out of battery, when this happens, it destroys your receiver and other parts (and potentially your face), effectively turning your gun into an incomplete parts kit. Which is what it should have been considered when it showed up in the first place.

These guns were engineered and designed to shoot a million plus rounds, with barrel changes. When I buy or build an ak, I want it to meet the standards for which it was created. Otherwise, I'll just buy something else because I don't want a substandard anything. I like the AKOU guys but i don't put a lot of stock in tests slamming a gun on concrete, running over with a truck, dragging through a river (wtf), or doing stupid crap that will be repeated on no weapon in the real world. I would be more interested in the skill of the builder, quality of the parts and QC measures.

It commonly known that America makes the worst AKs in the world, when talking about the these cheap, inferior mass produced guns. Some builders, like fuller at RD started doing classes, just to raise the education level of ak users in the USA because it had gotten so bad.

Lifetime warranty. Everything Rob Ski has tested from PSA has passed the 5k rounds and abuse. Now I'm not selling my MAK90, but I think this is a quality rifle and that's a decision each person has to make for themselves.
Why lifetime warranty? It is a fallback of lower tier gun makers, like Taurus. I still have to pay for shiping it, hopefully just one way. Take that $50 shipping, add to the PSA AK price and you can almost get a decent commie AK for that price.

Why warranty? It is a fallback of lower tier gun makers, like Taurus. I still have to pay for shiping it, hopefully just one way. Take that $50 shipping, add to the PSA AK price and you can almost get a decent commie AK for that price.
Because warranties are a standard business practice.

Not a written lifetime warranty. Most are limited to the original purchaser, and some limit the duration as well.

Not a written lifetime warranty. Most are limited to the original purchaser, and some limit the duration as well.
To me a lifetime warranty shows confidence in your product. If you were selling a turd, why warranty knowing you'll be paying to fix it forever? Yes it may cost $20-30 to ship it back (PSA pays to ship it back to you), its much cheaper than paying someone to fix a broken rifle.

PSA's warranty is lifetime and limited to the original purchaser. Could it be better? Sure but with Century you get what a 1 year warranty. Arsenal's warranty is 1 year limited and has tons of disclaimers about gun cleaning solvents destroying parts...what?

Jeddak no one is putting a gun to your head and making you buy anything from PSA, sorry that you hate them so much. Have a good one man.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa_warranty

Lifetime warranty in this case is a gimmick. Just a tactic to give you false confidence in their work when all along they know most people will shoot these things a few hundred or maybe a thousand times and lose interest. It's like offering a warranty on a car that's going to be driven home from the dealer, parked and never driven again.

I might pick one of these up, just having a problem with the $30 tax, PSA has me upset over that.

To the guys hoping Russian AKs will be flooding the market I wouldnt really count on it anytime soon. Even if sanctions where lifted I couldnt imagine any product hitting the dealers over here for at least a year afterwards. On top of that prices will not be dirt cheap like they where a long time ago.
PSA did not write the tax laws. Be upset with the law makers.

Back
Top Bottom