• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Buy Back

This was one of the largest Publicity stunts I have seen in a while putting others to shame. It benefited the NAACP leadership who got air/face time with politicians and local media.

It benefited mostly the elderly who had trash guns that were not worth what was being paid within the perimeter defense established by several different levels of LEO at city and county level as well as SWAT officers.

It appears the standing orders from "behind the chair" for the common law officer was to "enforce" and address anyone who impeded the flow of traffic. To a degree, that if anyone caught attempting to interact and attempt a private legal transfer between to honest citizens on the sidewalk adjoining the verboten "Grey" parking area, they would be charged with "impeding traffic". No one tested this standing order that I was aware.

The LEO presence was impressive. 99% were professional and a few down right hilarious. Some good guys, trying to follow directives but still serve the "people"

The citizen buyers were pushed as far back as (legally?) they could but if caught "impeding traffic" would be subject to citation, possible arrest and be made an example of for the city.

Operations didn't begin until 09:30 and lasted until about 2pm when all the money ran out. Here are a few photos.

The gauntlet in the grey parking lot. A LEO helicopter is in the are and circling, snipers are in place and ready (really). :yo: No chance is taken for this elderly crowd of gun toting citizens and every measure taken to secure the area is taken, no expense too great!

i40.tinypic.com_1zn6erk.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_az6kgi.jpg

Hummm? APC was on sight, you just in case granny went postal after waiting and no money was left.

i42.tinypic.com_2urm5nl.jpg

A volunteer worker from Rev. White's group. She was a really sweet lady but they didn't provide a latrine, hot fluid or a warm up tent for these workers who were outside without any shelter. Poor planning in my experience and a lack of leadership skills by those who sit behind a desk.

i41.tinypic.com_2uo74a1.jpg

Atlanta's MCOPS.

i42.tinypic.com_314s2s9.jpg

And their TOC

i44.tinypic.com_258crnn.jpg

Fulton's Signal Ops.

i41.tinypic.com_30hl9pf.jpg

Had an awesome day today. Good meeting you all guys. My best buy was a Colt Diamondback .38 for $70, among many others. Almost grabbed a nice Winchester shotgun for $20, until he told me his cousin robbed a store with it and gave it to him to get rid of.

Properly supported it appears...

i43.tinypic.com_2zrgei0.jpg

Full auto, just in case.... This guy was on point (alert), professional and I enjoyed speaking to him. He is an asset to SWAT. At a gun buy back he is a bit over kill so to speak.

i40.tinypic.com_bg4f4p.jpg

The motorcycle cops were at the perimeter helping guide traffic and ensure the "un-impediment" of traffic flow. This was a professional guy. He did ask how did we know the guns we buy are not stolen. I asked him; How many guns are discovered stolen at a buy back, he did not know. A quick Google last night and it was less than 1% but note "no questions asked" at the buy back......... At least on the street, folks were checking barrel lengths, one shotgun noted under 18", serial numbers that were removed, one gun noted and State residency. The "illegal" guns were typically directed to buy back and the owner notified of the illegal status of the weapon.

i44.tinypic.com_2dtcbw9.jpg

Your not impeding traffic? No sir, an attorney's reply (really he is an attorney).

i39.tinypic.com_xoqe14.jpg

These guys were too funny, real genuine biker guys, except for the one that owns a pink Harley.

i39.tinypic.com_2nvz9eu.jpg

The place was completely crawling with cops. One would drive by the corner I was working every few minutes.

I was told by one cop early on that I need a business license, since I was doing business. I told him it wasn't a business, just private sales which are totally legal in GA. He seemed surprised to hear that and then was very kind and curious about what kind of good deals were being had.

Another cop told me I needed a vender's license and gave my dad an "official warning" for "vending without a license" since we were on a street with signs.

Other than that the cops were pretty cool and the SWAT guys thought that the crazy deals we were getting were awesome.

Back
Top Bottom