• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Buy Back

I know this isn't the thread for it, and I wasn't out there with y'all, but I think you will find that by and far most police and LEOs are pros and do support the second. Contrary to the constant bashing that goes for the ones that are butts and deserve the crap that's dished.

APD was a charlie foxtrot in the morning and there were more than a few who bought into the "get guns off the street" mentality. I spoke with a few who were great guys and totally supported what we were doing but the one pictured in this thread wanted to **** with us. They yelled at us for impeding traffic and then blocked two lanes of traffic driving away our business. A woman pulled up with a Beretta and asked the officer if it was legal to sell to us. He convinced her to take it to the buyback and now that beautiful gun is going to be melted.

APD was a charlie foxtrot in the morning and there were more than a few who bought into the "get guns off the street" mentality. I spoke with a few who were great guys and totally supported what we were doing but the one pictured in this thread wanted to **** with us. They yelled at us for impeding traffic and then blocked two lanes of traffic driving away our business. A woman pulled up with a Beretta and asked the officer if it was legal to sell to us. He convinced her to take it to the buyback and now that beautiful gun is going to be melted.
Yeah, see that's where the officer's personal feelings got in the way of what was legal, or right . That shouldn't have happened. He should have answered her question and left it up to her as to where to take it. Those are the ones that don't need to be public officials.
edit... My opinion , those ARE the type that will kick in your door and take your gun for no reason except being told to do so. And do it with joy !

Last edited:

It was a Taurus dude. :lol:

Ok can someone explain this to me. How is it that you guys ended up paying $40 for handguns and $75 for rifles but the buyback was paying $50 and $100?

They were handing out gift cards, not cash.

Oh ok. So you guys just said hey get some cash? Make sense. I wanna go with someone on the next one. How much cash should I bring? Do you put on the poker face when you offer someone $50 for a Beretta 92? LOL

Yeah, see that's where the officer's personal feelings got in the way of what was legal, or right . That shouldn't have happened. He should have answered her question and left it up to her as to where to take it. Those are the ones that don't need to be public officials.
edit... My opinion , those ARE the type that will kick in your door and take your gun for no reason except being told to do so. And do it with joy !

......and more than a few of the good ones mentioned would go along to get along.

On a side note, how much did this dog and pony show cost the tax payers?

Ok can someone explain this to me. How is it that you guys ended up paying $40 for handguns and $75 for rifles but the buyback was paying $50 and $100?

They ran out of money shortly after lunch and we became the buy back. Guns went for $10-$20 and I even saw a .380 bought for $5 around 5:15.

Back
Top Bottom