Gun Control, Now A Matter of HomeLand Security

Except he did not commit any crime UNTIL he decided to attack his target. So any terrorist is allowed to get one freebie in on any target before law enforcement and counter-terrorism can do any thing about him?

Not necessarily a freebie but something tangible to arrest and convict on. Due process should apply across the board within the borders of the country.

That... is pretty ****ed up logic dude.

Sure, but action versus inaction is why only three 9/11 planes hit their target instead of four. It takes a village, not just city council.

Not necessarily a freebie but something tangible to arrest and convict on. Due process should apply across the board within the borders of the country.

This is war not crime. You can't have it both ways.
The enemy does not care about due process or borders. In fact they use them to their advantage whenever they can.

This is war not crime. You can't have it both ways.
The enemy does not care about due process or borders. In fact they use them to their advantage whenever they can.
To me this is one of the more interesting moral dilemmas we have to work out as a society.
At what point do "American born" terrorists loose their rights? We are at war, but we also have rights if we have not been convicted... and that is what sets us apart from much of the rest of the world.
Tough question.

Tough question.

It used to not be.

japanese-internment-poster-opt.jpg

We look back at this and hold our noses up ("that was mean and racist and..."), but it was effective. Now we are so divided and timid that even when we KNOW we have an enemy within out midst, the people and leaders walk on egg shells to make sure we don't offend...

Seems to me the only ones that need to rush out and buy an "assault rifle" are the ones that won't be able to. If laws are passed that make me wait to buy a weapon, then so be it...as long as those same laws demonstrate a decrease in illegal activity.

Makes you wonder who is buying all those weapons doesn't it....

It used to not be.

We look back at this and hold our noses up ("that was mean and racist and..."), but it was effective. Now we are so divided and timid that even when we KNOW we have an enemy within out midst, the people and leaders walk on egg shells to make sure we don't offend...

So true, there is so much focus on "not offending" anyone that we are missing the bigger problem of keeping them safe.
I always say, "if I have offended you, it's YOUR problem, not MINE" I wish others would adopt this policy!
I think rounding them all of them up and creating internment camps, because a fuk-tard shot up a nightclub is as much of a knee jerk reaction, as banning semi auto rifles. Both are incorrect IMHO.

The hard part of COIN is telling the fuk-tards from the regular folks that just want to be left alone, without pushing too many of the later into the former column. Internment has the beauty of just going ahead and assuming they are all fuk-tards and keeping them locked up not caring if they are pissed off or not.

But... our society and this administration in particular has made such a soup sandwich of this and the immigration issue that it really is going to take someone with as much I Don't Give A **** as Trump to unscrew it. One way or another (but Cruz would have been less messy about it).

The hard part of COIN is telling the fuk-tards from the regular folks that just want to be left alone, without pushing too many of the later into the former column. Internment has the beauty of just going ahead and assuming they are all fuk-tards and keeping them locked up not caring if they are pissed off or not.

But... our society and this administration in particular has made such a soup sandwich of this and the immigration issue that it really is going to take someone with as much I Don't Give A **** as Trump to unscrew it. One way or another (but Cruz would have been less messy about it).
I feel like we are gonna be screwed no matter who wins in November.

Back
Top Bottom