Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Firewall

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
What's your favorite finish?

I'm a sucker for blued guns and it kinda bums me out that you don't really see them much anymore. Sure I know that other stuff is more durable and takes less maintenance but to me they just don't look as good. I heard a rumor that the chemicals for a good bluing are so regulated by the EPA now that it has become cost prohibitive, not sure if that's true or if market forces drove it out.

My least favorite is probably nickel, I know its suppose to be more durable than blued but I always baby it more and a gun with that finish usually ends up being a safe queen.

From the looks of the votes, I am in the minority, but I just love old S&W wheelguns in a nickel finish. To me they are a beautiful work of art. BTW I have 5 of them from .32 to .44.

I voted "other" because I really don't care what the finish is (besides rust), as long as it goes "boom" when I pull the trigger! Reliability is upmost important to me in firearms.

I have several in each flava but I must admit that a dull or matte stainless wrapped in a black Hogue stock or grip will usually give me chub!

Back
Top Bottom