Gun/Pawn shops you HATE, and/or those you LOVE?

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
I went to Gables Sporting Goods in Newnan today. Was thinking about either trading my RIA Compact towards a Glock 33 they have or buying it outright. My RIA is used but in great condition. I just got it from Sabonim last week and haven't even fired it yet. I just LOVE Glocks. The guy takes a look at it and tells me he'll allow me $200 trade in. Now, I've been insulted before and I've had people try to piss on my head and tell me it's raining but today I was in no mood for it. I 'splained to him that that wasn't a reasonable offer it was just an insult. He tried to tell me how he can get them NIB for $300 and needed MORE profit margin in a used gun and blah, blah, blah. I'll NEVER darken his door again. Heck, if I drove by and the place was on fire I wouldn't even pee on the door for him.

After I left there I took the RIA to 2 other shops and got OVER a hundred dollar higher offers for it.

Shops I like:

The Trading Post in Newnan. Selection is getting better and the guys there are friendly.

In Lagrange, we have three places you can buy/sell/trade:

Traylors Pawn - Darrel is a great guy and will receive a gun for only $20 FFL fee. Best FFL price I've found and he's always glad to help.

Pawn Express - Eric is cool and will treat you right. I used to think pawn shops were a bad idea but Eric changed my mind. Done several deals with him and I know he's fair.

Southern Shooters - The owner Bruce is probably the nicest guy in the business. I've made a few deals with him and ALWAYS walked away with my head up and a smile on my face.

It would be great to hear from some others about good/bad experiences and shops. I love to visit new places and see all the wonderful toys.

Daves guns and guy stuff in Griffin,,,, Ed's Pawn in Stockbridge,,,,, Dave's Gun Room on Buford Hwy in Atlanta,,,, and Firearms Traders in Macon are all GREAT people to work with.

Cherokee Gun and Pawn-- best place to deal with. I drive 2hrs to do business there.

On the no business side---- Franklins, Bullseye just to name 2.

lets not give Rich a big head, but Cherokee is also a good place to deal, I like their out the door deals

Love:
Trigger Time in Flowery Branch
Bullseye in L ville
Bullseye in Cumming
Mainstreet Firearms in lilburn

One that I don't like- Some pawn shop run by this vietcong mother ****er off of Chamblee Tucker near 285.

Had a simular experience at "The AR Bunker" in Newnan. I'd already went to a place and had it appraised and the guy was great, told me it wasn't listed in book, but suggested what he would sell it for, etc. I went to the AR Bunker and the guy quotes me the "book" price (same book) at $150 less. Said it was right there in the book. I didn't tell he was looking at the wrong model 'cause I'm pretty sure he knew, and was trying to lowball me into selling it to him.

David's in Norcross hasn't always made the best offers on deals, but from a customer service standpoint I've always been happy with them. One guy in particular, Harley (i think) is great to work with. They offered me $300 on a LNIB G17 RTF2 last weekend and he was honest enough to tell me I could easily get $100-150 more if I sold it privately (Which I did). This is about the only place I'll spend a little extra with just because I like them

Dana Safety Supply in Buford has been great the few times I've been in there. I'm really loving their police trade in Sig's for $379-399.

I see people complain about Franklins in Athens a lot but I've never had a issue with them. Bullseye in Lawrenceville has never ticked me off but sometimes it's a little hard to get help

I used to buy from Classic Marksman a lot, but it got to the point where their customer service just sucked. I'm not talking about not being friendly, i mean actually being rude and yelling at people on a regular basis. In 2008 I started only using only their range until my membership expired and then haven't spent a dime in there since then. Every once in a while I'll walk in there if I'm in the area to see what they've got and literally have to keep from laughing at some of their prices. Prior to this I probably purchased 9-10 guns from them in the 3 years or so I went

Last edited:
As I have said before I will never spend another red cent at adventure outdoors. I would love nothing more than to see that store full of a bunch of condescending a##holes close their doors FOR GOOD! I've been to a lot of other store and not ever been treated like I was the 3 times I was there.

Last edited:
-1 to American Classic Marksman.
I go there because I've membership but that young mother*****r who works in there is just plain smart ass.
Expensive guns and even w/ membership discount I could easily find better deals elsewhere.
Sorry but both American Classic & Bullseye just suck.

David's in Norcross hasn't always made the best offers on deals, but from a customer service standpoint I've always been happy with them. One guy in particular, Harley (i think) is great to work with. They offered me $300 on a LNIB G17 RTF2 last weekend and he was honest enough to tell me I could easily get $100-150 more if I sold it privately (Which I did). This is about the only place I'll spend a little extra with just because I like them

Dana Safety Supply in Buford has been great the few times I've been in there. I'm really loving their police trade in Sig's for $379-399.

I see people complain about Franklins in Athens a lot but I've never had a issue with them. Bullseye in Lawrenceville has never ticked me off but sometimes it's a little hard to get help

I used to buy from Classic Marksman a lot, but it got to the point where their customer service just sucked. I'm not talking about not being friendly, i mean actually being rude and yelling at people on a regular basis. In 2008 I started only using only their range until my membership expired and then haven't spent a dime in there since then. Every once in a while I'll walk in there if I'm in the area to see what they've got and literally have to keep from laughing at some of their prices. Prior to this I probably purchased 9-10 guns from them in the 3 years or so I went

Back
Top Bottom