Gun range prohibits police after city considers ban

Stuff like this is beginning to pop up on a regular basis. I love seeing everyday citizens/businesses backing up out rights.

Good for the range leadership. Unfortunate, the cops are caught in the middle. They aren't the ones who voted for the ban.

But they ARE the ones that would enforce it. Remember most Police (as opposed to Sheriff's Deputys) work for the City under a Chief that is hired by the city, not voted into office by the private citizens.

But they ARE the ones that would enforce it. Remember most Police (as opposed to Sheriff's Deputys) work for the City under a Chief that is hired by the city, not voted into office by the private citizens.

Wheeler, that doesn't mean anything. Having worked in several police departments, I know first hand that police officers are not immediately 100% pro big government and anti citizens rights just because they get a paycheck from a non-elected police chief. Keep in mind that people do in fact vote for a mayor, who then in turn hires a police chief. That police chief has to be confirmed by the city council. So actually, the officers you're referring to are caught in the middle, and they do in fact vote for someone who is voted in by citizens.

It's super important to keep in mind that the police officers are caught in the middle. This bs that I see so often in the gun community about "us versus them" is crazy. Police officers are human beings, and every single one I ever worked with was extremely pro 2nd Amendment.

good

if the government wants to view gun owners as the enemy, then its employees should not be welcome in their ranges

personally, if i ran the range, i would still allow the cops but charge them 25% more. chalk it up as administrative costs and other bureaucratic non-sense lol

Back
Top Bottom