• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Shows Having a Revival?

isuolympic

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Hunter
22   0
Reaction score
Well, I've been to 3 different guns shows in 3 days this weekend. Started at the Antique & Military show in Marietta on Friday. A little slow like I expected for a summer show. Then on to the Alabama Gun Collector's show in Hoover, AL on Saturday. Pretty good summer show. A lot of collector guns and miscellaneous. Wish I had been there Friday. If you have not been to a AGCA show since it moved from Birmingham, you are missing out. Then on to the Jim Miller Park Marietta show on Sunday. What a surprise this one was. Had a great selling and buying day. Some nice collectable items here also. This weekend was almost a return to 1980s and earlier shows. I am considering getting a few tables in the fall myself now. Get your good stuff and hidden cash and get back out to the shows. If some of the table holders at the ODT show would get a fe tables at the local shows, we could have a small Louisville or Tulsa show here in our backyard.

1658097834650.png

I haven’t been to a show in years as there is only so much beef jerky, eyeglass cleaner and stun gun zapping in the background that one needs. Perhaps I will give one a try again.

Well, I've been to 3 different guns shows in 3 days this weekend. Started at the Antique & Military show in Marietta on Friday. A little slow like I expected for a summer show. Then on to the Alabama Gun Collector's show in Hoover, AL on Saturday. Pretty good summer show. A lot of collector guns and miscellaneous. Wish I had been there Friday. If you have not been to a AGCA show since it moved from Birmingham, you are missing out. Then on to the Jim Miller Park Marietta show on Sunday. What a surprise this one was. Had a great selling and buying day. Some nice collectable items here also. This weekend was almost a return to 1980s and earlier shows. I am considering getting a few tables in the fall myself now. Get your good stuff and hidden cash and get back out to the shows. If some of the table holders at the ODT show would get a fe tables at the local shows, we could have a small Louisville or Tulsa show here in our backyard.
Sounds like a good weekend and gun show overload. I love the Louisville and Tulsa shows too

Ain’t nothing like paying 12 dollars and driving two hours to see prices a lot higher than online lol.

YMMV
says the guy who goes to strip clubs and pays to see boobies (or maybe weenies) he cant touch.. :boink:
just kidding. but the gun shows are worth the trip. even if the price is too high,you can get the feel of stuff you are looking for. 12 bucks and a drive to hang out with like minded people and handle guns is cheap...
and no chance of getting monkeypox in the V.I.P lounge with "Pistol Pete"

I hope gun shows do have a revival. The only one I have been to in the past 3 years is at the expo center, and I don't even want to go back there anymore. Too thuggish, constantly looking over my shoulder on the way back to the truck.

The last time I went to the Jim Miller show I swore I would never go again, and haven't been back. I will go again, though, if it is as good as you say.

I miss the old shows.

Back
Top Bottom