• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Had my first bad experience here

Top or bottom?? ( )( ) or ( . )( . )

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Bottom

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
Excellent and as far as I know that is exactly right. I don't do a BOS either way. Just my preference.

I do always show my CCW if buying or selling and ask to see one anytime I have not done a firearm deal with someone before. I think some of the issue in this post (before the rabbit trails) was the wording of "peek at CCW appreciated" - I am a pretty literal guy so "appreciated" does not mean required (but if me, I would show it anyway). But if PMs clarified the expectation to see a CCW then the buyer should've clearly said that he did not have one UP FRONT.

Had a guy on here once offer to meet me to purchase a gun and he clearly told me he had neither CCW or GA DL. Said he lived in GA but had not gotten his license changed yet. I politely declined. All done in PMs, all polite, no wasted time and no issues.

Communication - clear, honest and UP FRONT is the key.

Heck the one Neg I have is from a deal that I backed out of selling a gun to another member before the meet so I deserve it and I get that but even in that case I advised him before either of us travelled to meet.

I still have a PA area code on my cell phone even though I've been back in GA right at 7 years now and let people know when I first joined ODT that I didn't have a problem showing my DL and GWCL to prove I was legit.
On my second deal the seller asked if it was okay to peak at my GWCL, didn't want to copy any info, just wanted to be sure. No problemo from me.
Do the deal, shoot the crap for a few minutes, we start to go our separate ways and I realize I forgot to show my license and he forgot to ask.
I flag him down and offer to show it, he says "No, that's cool."

Disclaimer- I'm an old guy, no metal or tattoos on my face, so that helps.

Disclaimer- I'm an old guy, no metal or tattoos on my face, so that helps.

LOL! I had my sis-in-law with me on a deal one time in a Hobby Lobby parking lot and her comment afterwards was "oh, he's an overweight, regular white guy like you"!!!!! I am not sure if she was expecting Jack Bauer or Alonzo from Training Day....

image0004.jpg

Rabbit trail but Serious question - does the law REQUIRE a BOS when selling vehicles? I've bought and sold from family and friends without that and never been asked for one when transferring title.

Old cars that don't have a title are sold with a BOS when the owner has no title; newer ones are sold with a "Certificate of Title."

As for the Car example...both? Every used vehicle Ive sold I have printed the GA Vehicle BOS and made a copy for both parties. When I sell - the buyer is getting my title anyway so they have my address.

I wrote the BOS for a truck on the back of an envelope, and all it had were my name and the seller's name. No problem at all getting a tag or insurance.

Got duped today. Been wanting a gen 4 Glock 22 for some time. Had someone offer me one but couldn't decide on a time. While waiting for him I saw an FNS 40 that I liked and the guy was receptive but a meeting time was up in the air so I passed on it.The guy with the 22 said to text him and I did...4 times...with no response
I see him relist the 22. I ask him if the trade is off and it boils down to him calling me a liar
I've never burned, stiffed or lied to anyone in any deal my entire life. This guy has 4 feedbacks and 2 are negs with in the last month. I should've known better

Don't deal with them on text deal they'll always lie about not getting them or agreeing to a deal. Had that happen to me on a generator lately, pm only.

Back
Top Bottom