• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Had my first bad experience here

Top or bottom?? ( )( ) or ( . )( . )

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Bottom

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
I just renewed my permit about a month before the old one was to run out. I got to keep my old one and they gave me, for an extra dollar, an extension form that extended the end date on the old one for 30 days in case there was any delay in getting the new one in the mail. So, even with an expired permit, if you have the paper extension it is still good for another month.

main-qimg-076d0a0d6949c986e78ee997fda01835.jpeg

I had a guy get ugly with me over my post requiring CCW. He said I was discriminating against him. I said yes I sure was. No CCW. No deal.
Some people just want to be upset these days.

Exactly - you are selling your stuff. You get to set the terms. People have gotten so oversensitive about stuff. It's an entitlement mindset - you have to deal on my terms:

-don't win an election - sue to get it your way
-don't get a deal on a gun - complain about the terms

The only law in Georgia is that you can't knowingly sell a firearm to a felon. Guns are not registered in Georgia and you do not have to have a bill of sale. Having a BOS is good to have if you unknowingly buy a stolen gun.
Smart folks require a peak at a valid CCW.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I won't get upset or act like a victim.

The only law in Georgia is that you can't knowingly sell a firearm to a felon. Guns are not registered in Georgia and you do not have to have a bill of sale. Having a BOS is good to have if you unknowingly buy a stolen gun.
Smart folks require a peak at a valid CCW.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I won't get upset or act like a victim.

Technically I think the "safe" thing to do is ask to see someone's ID for state residence verification and you can ask if they can legally own a firearm if you're the seller. You don't have to write anything down.

A buyer could ask for a receipt from the seller. There would be nothing wrong with that. It would show that you bought in good faith if a question ever arose.

The Bill of Sale deal, however, is pure nonsense in my opinion. Private sellers want more information than the store does. Why? Will they then turn over that information WHEN the powers that be outlaw firearms and confiscate them? The LEO knocks on a guy's door and he'll hand over his records without a warrant. Why do you suppose firearms retain their full value and sometimes command a higher price on the private market? Wouldn't you say it's because people are willing to pay more in order to retain their privacy?

A Bill of Sale is a left wing pre-registration scheme for people to aid the government in unconstitutional confiscations in the future.

If the seller is dishonest, you have told him where you live and that you own firearms. You might be aiding in the burglarizing of your own home.

Let's suppose the seller thinks he's being responsible, but does multiple firearm sales. BATFE decides he is an unlicensed dealer and confiscate his records. Are you then an accessory after the fact?

I'm trying to be easy to get along with in those suggestions, considering that I'm the nation's voice against National ID and cringe at the thought one must carry a National ID Card (today jokingly referred to as a driver's license.) Since one forfeits the Right by asking for permission to exercise a Right, I choose not to give up my Rights and don't have a ccw (and don't carry concealed anyway.) Everywhere you would want to carry concealed, the places have no firearms signs (restaurants, malls, etc.) So, what's the point?

Back
Top Bottom