• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Harassing people who open carry

So would you walk around with an AR15 on a single point sling around your neck?

I wouldnt have a problem doing it personally, although I have never felt the need to carry an AR15 around town with me. But, if society changed to the point where I felt I needed to have a long gun on me at all times, sure an AR on a single point would do the trick just fine Im sure.

I wouldnt have a problem doing it personally, although I have never felt the need to carry an AR15 around town with me. But, if society changed to the point where I felt I needed to have a long gun on me at all times, sure an AR on a single point would do the trick just fine Im sure.

+1!

So would you walk around with an AR15 on a single point sling around your neck?

I wouldn't. If you run the gun will hit you dead in the junk!

Seriously though, I would not because of the attention it produces. People see pistols on cops all the time, but how often do they see an officer with a rifle slung around his/her neck?

Some people really like open carry, but the drawbacks outweigh the benefits no matter how you look at it. Generally speaking, folks who open carry are more into it for egotistical reasons.

WOW...it is comments like this that irk me based on someone speaking without knowing the facts....

Maybe where you live... But in Wisconsin, open carry is the ONLY way to carry legally and being a member of Wisconsin Carry, I do not know ANYONE who open carry's for "egotistical reasons". This statement is kinda suprising coming from someone who claims to have knowledge of the issue as in..."but the drawbacks outweigh the benefits no matter how you look at it."

(www.wisconsincarry.org)
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?133-Wisconsin

I would be interested in knowing how you look at it and specifically why you feel that open carriers carry openly for egotistial reasons... nothing could be farther from the truth. I will admit that maybe some people would carry for egotistical reasons, but those people are not specically open carriers... That would be like me saying that concealed carriers are more likely to "show off" their firearm in a friendly crowd because the friendlies can not see it when it is concealed...

I open carry daily and will continue to do so even when concealed carry is passed based on a couple of good reasons...

Consider this.. 2 people walking in a dark unsafe area.. One carrying concealed (which leaves the BG (bad guy) with the option of thinking..."well maybe this guy is not carrying so lets attack him"... as comapred to the other guy carrying openly in plian view and the BG's seeing his firearm and realizing "hey, it would not be a good idea to attack this guy because he IS armed"...

And... if attacked, by they time it takes to draw a concealed weapon, it could be to late... when LITERALLY SECONDS might mean the difference between life and death, an openly carried firearm is my preference due to the speed of availablity.

I know, I know.. open carry will invite BG's to jump you from behind and take your firearm from you.... I suppose this is possible, but it is equally possible that in an attack, a concealed firearm (if not used properly) could also be taken but a GOOD RETENTION HOLSTER, and contant practice of SITUATIONAL AWARENESS, makes this senario almost a moot point. In fact I challenge ANYONE to provide a link documenting an attack based on the sole intent of removing a firearm from an open carrier....

Thank you....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:
We arent in Wisconsin, but thanks for chiming in. Come to Georgia and answer my "Open Carry Challenge" and then we can talk.

So your saying that just people in Georgia open carry for "egotistical reasons". .... JUST KIDDING......

How about you come and spend a few days in Wisconsin and see if you still feel the same way about open carriers...

I gues it is basically a geographical difference in doing things and feeling about things in a certain way....

Outdoorsman1...

PS: My challenge still stands to anyone to provide a link documenting an attck based soley on removing an open carriers firearm anywhere in the country. I think I head about ONE somewhere in Virginia or there abouts... but I suppose it is ok to just drop the issue as to not beat a dead horse....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom