• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever backed out of a sale after meeting with a buyer?

Had one show up wanting to trade when we had already agreed on a cash price. Met in a one red light town on a Sunday. He had to go find an atm, never brought the cash with him but luckily there was an atm nearby and we got the deal done.

Only a few times did I have to back-out unfortunately. Usually when I set up a buy, I am excited to do it. I ask specific questions ahead of time to reduce deal breakers. Many on here can’t take a decent photo and that‘s important, I think some take crappy photos to hide issues; that’s always a red flag.
I usually drive much farther than the seller, so when they show up with an item that has the deal breaker issue they said it didn’t, I have had to ”pass”. They knew they were in the wrong and wasted my time/gas.

Only had one guy years ago ask for more money after I drove almost 2 hours to meet, but it was a unicorn far below value, I paid the extra $50 happily. Still have that one and would never sell.

Never had anyone back out on me, but I post accurate details, fair prices and clear photos to avoid that. If there is something bad about my item I point it out in the ad. Who has time to waste on here?
Deals here are few and far between. Too many newbies flipping, not using PM, over valued items and lack of unique pieces. Still love the ODT though, check everyday for a specific item I am looking for.

Back
Top Bottom