• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HB875 or HB60 Is Georgia Pro 2A or NOT

Adeste

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
20   0
Reaction score
Governor Nathan Deal should be hearing from every gun owner in Georgia. He has decided to capitulate to folks that will never vote for him (liberals) and he is doing it through Senator Jesse Stone who was given the chance by Deal to weaken and water down HB875. It is strictly cowardly politics since it appears Stone is the perpetrator and rightfully so since he is anti 2A and he will most likely get a judgeship out of it. Meanwhile Deal appears to the low information voter like he was not really involved. This is the exact type of underhanded politics that got Colorado in trouble and can easily happen hear if the left gets a good foothold by dealing with rotten apple false flag Republicans like Deal. If the gun owners of Georgia simply stand on the side lines they will end up going through what Colorado gun owners went through and still are battling. Otherwise fight for your rights NOW! We are lucky here in Georgia but that could change fast there is allot of apathy here and the left senses it and has filled this state with gun prohibitionist, lobbyist and activists from all over the nation. Guess what, their hard work is paying of with Governor Nathan Deal and if they can get a "W" and defeat HB875 they will roll with the momentum. Their next project is repealing "Georgia Stand Your Ground" laws. As we sit at home and grumble "it'll be a cold day in hell" and "that's never happen here" they are at the State Capital protesting and deal making your rights away!

March 13, 2014
Dear GCO Member,
What happened March 12, 2014 in the General Assembly?
Wednesday, March 12, the Senate Judiciary Non-Civil Committee met without inviting the sponsor of HB875 and introduced a substitute bill to severely weaken the bill. The substitute which changes churches to opt in with the permission of the owner of the church, gives preemption to local governments on carry into government buildings and adds family violence battery (which means if you touch your wife and she does not want to be touched, you have committed family violence battery) was introduced by Senator Hunter Hill. These changes are not acceptable to GeorgiaCarry.Org nor are they acceptable to the NRA.
This move appears to be another step in the assurance of the appointment of a judgeship to Senator Stone.
The vote was a 3-3 tie until Senator Stone voted to break the tie.
The only Senator who spoke up for the Second Amendment and voted against the substitute was Senator Josh McKoon who stated his displeasure with the weakening of the bill. Every Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org should send Senator Josh McKoon an email thanking him for standing up for them and the Second Amendment.
This is exactly why GCO worked with the House to get HB60 passed to the Senate as we were certain Jesse Stone and his committee would introduce this type substitute to a very good gun bill that would render it almost useless in advancing the Second Amendment in GA. The Senate now has a good gun bill and a very weakened gun bill that insures they will have to decide whether they are Second Amendment Proponents or Second Amendment Opponents. Their vote in the next couple of days will be evidence of where they stand.
What is the current status of each of the bills?
HB875 will now go to Senate Rules Committee with the possibility of going to the floor for a vote. HB60 is still on the floor and available for a Senate vote whenever the Lt. Governor sees fit to bring it to the floor.
What do we do now?
Continue to Contact Officials
Now, we need you to continue to contact the Governor Nathan Deal, Lt. Governor Casey Cagle, President Pro Tempore David Shafer and your Senator in that order. We need you to call, write, FAX and email the above people if at all possible. We would like to see everyone's email box and voice mail full if they are not already full. We need to send the following message to everyone in those positions:
Simply tell them, "I am a "member of GeorgiaCarry.Org and I want this bill passed as it passed the House. There is no reason for the State of Georgia to continue to deny my God given constitutionally enumerated rights to self-protection. It is time the Senate passes a good gun bill that allows law-abiding citizens such as myself to protect myself wherever I might be. Please pass HB60 as it was amended and passed by the House."
It is imperative that you let these people know that you want to see HB60 passed as it was amended and passed the House. Be short and to the point in all communications with your senator. As stated in the past and we continue to state, please show your elected officials respect when contacting them in any manner. Threats of never voting for them get you nowhere very quickly and hurt, rather than help our cause.
Contact Information for Governor Nathan Deal
Address:
The Office of the Governor
State of Georgia
203 State Capitol
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Address for mail:
206 Washington Street
Suite 203, State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: 404-656-1776
Fax: 404-657-7332

In order to email the Governor, you must go here and fill out the form:

====================

Contact Information for the Lt. Governor, Casey Cagle
Office of the Lieutenant Governor
240 State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 656-5030
Fax: (404) 656-6739
In order to email the Lt. Governor, you must go here and fill out the form:

====================

Contact Information for President Pro Tempore, David Shafer
Capitol Office
321 State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 656-0048
Fax: (404) 463-5220

Email: david.shafer@senate.ga.gov

District Information
P.O. Box 880

Duluth, GA 30096

Phone: (404) 497-0048

Email: david.shafer@senate.ga.gov

====================

How to find your elected officials in GA

The substitute which changes churches to opt in with the permission of the owner of the church, gives preemption to local governments on carry into government buildings and adds family violence battery (which means if you touch your wife and she does not want to be touched, you have committed family violence battery)

The perversion... Just what does "churches to opt in with the permission of the owner of the church" specifically mean? Just how easy is it to be charged with "family violence battery", well I think I can figure that one out, especially during a divorce (about half of marriages), just one more step, to separate rights.

The only Senator who spoke up for the Second Amendment and voted against the substitute was Senator Josh McKoon who stated his displeasure with the weakening of the bill.

He deserves the support and respect of all who comprehend the bill of rights and the 2A. I will e-mail and call him.

contact the Governor Nathan Deal, Lt. Governor Casey Cagle, President Pro Tempore David Shafer and your Senator in that order.

The next order of business. However, my representative is a Democrat and will vote party line rather than citizen rights and honest public safety.

The leadership caught it not only from Liberal (mostly) Democrat anti-gun advocates, but from the GA. County Commissioners (state owned building access) and most importantly "the 4th branch of GA government"; The GA. School Board of Regents.

Amazing how supposedly well educated folks ignore fact and fail to conduct an honest after action review of just what the impact of disarming honest citizens has cost our society and given into tirade-a sea of unstable emotional speculation and fear mongering. just how many more souls do we have to sacrifice in "gun free" zones that aren't? HOW MANY WILL IT TAKE? Just how much more fear mongering that armed citizens are a threat rather than what they have proven themselves to be? Where is the blood from allowing honest citizens to legally carry into once "gun free zones". From 14 shall carry states in 1989 to 40-41(?) currently, where is the predicted jump in shoot outs, murder and crime predicted...... Anyone? The revocation rate of weapons permits for all states has remained less than 1%. Of that the revocations were for non-violent offenses.

Where is the rise in murder, armed assaults, more blood on campus when we allowed guns in the cars on school property? None, nada, nil but it's ignored despite the loud ignorant outcry....

Where is the rise of shoot outs, murder, armed crime assaults, blood baths in the airports, parks and public transit when we allowed guns on Marta and in the non-sterile areas of the airport? Where???? But let's ignore that and claim there will be a rise in armed assaults, murders and yet again blood baths on the campuses, churches and in our government buildings that don't screen for weapons..... Yep, a philosophy of ignorance fueled by emotional naivety. Really great stuff to govern a free state with... STUPID, STUPID ****ERS!

Last edited:
http://www.senate.ga.gov/senators/en-US/member.aspx?Member=749

i60.tinypic.com_11hw4xv.jpg

Senator Joshua McKoon
319-A Coverdell Legislative Office Building
Atlanta, GA 30334
Phone: (404) 463-3931
Fax: (404) 657-3217

Email address: jrm2016@yahoo.com

Called and left a message with young man who took my message thanking him for having the balls to stand up.

He's from down around Ft. Benning and it appears some patriotism rubbed off a bit...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom