• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Help getting a tiny screw that broke inside a 1986 honda rebel

Is the screw down a hole, or is the shaft reachable? I've had success cutting a line across with a dremel and putting a flathead screw driver to it and unscrewing, but it all depends on the location. Is it rusted/corroded varnished in place? Was it coming out when it broke? or has it moved at all before breaking?

Do yourself a favor and come off the hip and pay a machinist to resolve the issue. If you are not skilled in tiny screw removal you will end up paying mucho dinero to have someone fix your mistake.

I searched for tiny screws on a Honda Rebel and all I got was carb jet screws or some such. Assuming such, is it possible that a used carb is cheaper than the cost to removal of the screw?

I searched for tiny screws on a Honda Rebel and all I got was carb jet screws or some such. Assuming such, is it possible that a used carb is cheaper than the cost to removal of the screw?

If you are used to cars, EVERY fastener on a Rebel 250 is tiny. The usual culprits are the exhaust studs and when someone over torques the side cover bolts.

Easy outs are great in skilled hands. If he drills the screw off center, he is now screwed and will have to defer to a machinist and pay much more to drill and retap or install a heli coil

Back
Top Bottom