• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honda 2.2 Injector knock

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
So my car has been making a distinct knocking sound when its cold. It usually goes away once its warmed up but yesterday it did not. It does not make the sound at idle or cruise, only when you're on the gas (under a load) and going through the gears. Its a single knock sound thats in sync with every stroke. Is anyone familiar with injectors making a hollow rod knock type of sound?? I've never heard of injectors making such a loud noise until I asked Google about it. I'm due for a timing belt and valve lash adjustment so I'm going to do that this weekend. I'm almost 100% sure this is not a valve lash issue though. I'm thinking about picking up an injector at the parts yard when I go for some other parts and just start swapping them out.

Never heard of an injector making a deep noise. All my Chevy v8s make a lifter noise that is fairly deep when cold.
Me either. This sounds just like someone tapping the side of the block with a ball pein hammer in sync with the rpms. If it turns out to be an injector making a noise this loud, Im gonna be impressed!

Back
Top Bottom