• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Honda 2.2 Injector knock

There's more to an egr passage cleaning than just taking the actual egr valve off for that hear model. You have to take the plate off, etc etc

Here's a youtUse link

Harry, if you need front and rear seats grey cloth in mint shape, can me down to Griffin and get them. At least they were mint when wrapped up and stored in my buds barn lol

You can swap another engine from any accord 1990-2002. With 2.2 or 2.3l engines. Use your original motor mounts, wire harness,distributor, and computer. When my wife's 92 accord quit at 378,000 miles, that's what I did. Found a 98 accord engine for $350, put it in and rolled.

best thing to do is go in the garage /open field start the car and hold it to the floor...film event and see how long t takes to toss the rods..put film on YouTube !

While its doing it, push on the header heat shield. Betcha the sound goes away.

My wife's old '91 Civic did that when cold. Over time the tin heatshield separates from the exhast manifold and rattles along with the engine until they warm up. A couple of light whacks with a ball peen and it quieted down.

Now that you say that, you could be right. Used to install large hose clamps on the Crown Vic's heat shields I was maintaining.

Back
Top Bottom