• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda shadow

cimino289

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Hey I was looking to buy a Honda shadow and found one listed for 2k which is right where I needed to be at. One of my friends tells me that you have to take a Honda in for a dealer service at 30k and it can be quite pricey. This bike has 24k miles on it and I've never heard this before in my life. Anyone have any insight? Also anyone got any advice on what to look for other than the basic oil, coolant, transmission fluid, tires and brakes inspection?

http://www.vt750dc.com/maintenance/maintenance-schedule

While I'm sure Honda will gladly do a 30k service for you and charge something like $600-700 for it, you certainly don't have to let the dealer do it. Spend $50 or so for the service manual and learn to do your own wrenching. None of the routine maintenance stuff is anything you can't handle with a service manual and/or youtube and a little patience.

I think 1600 is a fair offer for a Honda that has 24000 miles and needs new tire I'm going to have to replace some of the fluids just for peace of mind and then I have to pay to get it tagged and insured

I think 1600 is a fair offer for a Honda that has 24000 miles and needs new tire I'm going to have to replace some of the fluids just for peace of mind and then I have to pay to get it tagged and insured

That would be a pretty good deal even for this time of year I'd think. When I sold my 2000 Shadow Ace Deluxe with 32k miles a couple of years ago I listed it on CL for $3k and sold it it for $2800 in less than 48 hours.

Back
Top Bottom