• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HOW LONG DO YOU RUN TIRES ON A VEHICLE?

I had a set of Coopers 235/75R15 AT's installed yesterday at Walmart. Probably their mid to low priced Coopers on sale that ran about 365 out the door.

C:\Users\HILTON~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.gif

When I get near the wear bars, they go. On motorcycles, I get around 2k miles out of a rear tire, maybe 4k out of a front if I am lucky... On the slower bikes I might get 5k out of a set.

On the truck, haven't gotten that high to hit the wear bars... I tend to trade the vehicle in every couple years on a new one. haha

10 years on any tire is toooooo long. And it was the Firestone radial ATX that ford put on their explorers. Don’t get me started

Tires are cheap compared to an accident or lawsuit.
I usually run them till they are about 30-40% remaining. I can feel they slowly loose traction when they start wearing down.
Trying to only run Michelins now. Never going back to china stuff on the vehicles.

Tires are cheap compared to an accident or lawsuit.
I usually run them till they are about 30-40% remaining. I can feel they slowly loose traction when they start wearing down.
Trying to only run Michelins now. Never going back to china stuff on the vehicles.

Yeah, tires and brakes are not something to cheap out on. My bikes see Dunlop Q3+ or Q4's for the sportbikes, and RoadSmart III's for the cafe racer... For my trucks I have Nitto RidgeGrapplers on one, and Wranger UltraTerrain AT's on the other...

I recently replaced tires on 2007 Camry. Two of them came on it - 13.5 years old.

Not sure how old the tires are on my 2000 ford Explorer. Over ten years for sure. But they still have good tread and sidewalls look solid - no age cracks. Been garaged last 10 years. Just use it running around town now.
Same here camper tires were made in 07

Back
Top Bottom